Panty Explosion is a year old this month. We've sold over 1000 copies and gotten aton of nice reviews. We're pretty happy. But...
For the first time we're thinking about doing a large print run. Before we do that there are some things we want to change about the book. We're looking at doing a makeover in the next 6 months. Here's my list of changes, but I'm hoping that I can get some feedback from those of you who are familiar with the game.
And no, we're not changing the title.
1. The more I play the game the more I'm convinced that the role of the Superintendent is unnecessary. I want to rework the game text to reflect the way I currently enjoy playing the game. I still want to keep the Superintendent rules, but as a separate option.
2. I'm convinced the book can be more approachable. It can read easier and cleaner. Our target audience has always been anime and manga reader instead of gamers, and I want the game to be something that is easily playable. I think more play examples will go a long way toward making the game easier to understand.
3. Matt and I we're never happy with the books 9x6 size. We'll be switching to the standard manga size instead.
4. Art. I've never been happy with the books art. I plan to re-illustrate the book in a different style.
5. Editing. Panty Explosion will finally get a professional edit.
So these are the big things we plan to change, although I'll also be reviewing a years worth of feedback and advice from customers and fans. My hope is that, as outside observers, some of you might be able to point out some things that we're missing.