[Monsterhearts] Second Skins

edited May 2013 in Directed Promotion
Did you want more Skins for Monsterhearts, but you didn’t want to workshop and playtest them? And then do the art and layout? And print it out and put it in a folder? Right, I thought it was you. Jackson is hooking you up.

Monsterhearts Second Skins

Sasquatch
Cuckoo
Unicorn
Wyrm
????
????

Jackson is secretive, so we don’t know what the last two are until June 1st. Probably they’ll be cool. Pretty sure ‘bout this.

Comments

• Nice! Backed. I think it was the matter of fact, down to earth and unpretentious intro video that sold me.

No, wait, more awesome skins for Monsterhearts by Jackson sold me... it should sell you, too.
  • Back this back this back this. Bonus points if you spread the word.
  • Ugh.

FINALLY TEGU
  • ALSO

WHAT NICE SHIRT AND NICE BOY
  • Aww yeah. Backed the crap out of this. Been drooling about it since I got the option from my MC to take moves from the Sasquatch playtest.
  • Backed. Like, there was a question? I mean, I broke my "no more kickstarters this month" for this.
  • Where is the "Jackson gives you a hug" donation level? Or is that a stretch goal?
  • That is an amazing Kickstarter video. Thank you for showing me your toes in detail.
  • It looks like it will make funding, so that's great for Jackson Tegu. $7 for a PDF of 6 skins is too pricey for me.
  • Thanks for the love, everyone!
    (But sorry it's out of your price range, orklord)

…never been called unpretentious before… …don't know how to feel about this.

Hey moleculo, I've been advised by my handlers to only hug those who wish me to hug them - that's what I call good counsel, and that's why I've kept them on for another season. Sometimes people just want to give me money and not have me hug them, which is where the whole communication breakdown occurs. Best to be on the safe side.

Clinton, my pleasure! Gotta love that pull focus. @Orion_Canning is a great guy to collab with when making videos. Can't recommend him highly enough. Worked within my timeframe & even did the sound design, which I think you'll agree is suitably terrifying! He has so many good ideas.

Heh, sorry Lisa! What i really mean is, "Shucks, thanks!" Glad to help you break your promises. (What, am I a Fae? Naw, couldn't be!)

Orlando, Cneph, & Userclone, you're all too nice & should ease back on it a little.

Now that I've accidentally replied to everyone in this thread (Thanks Mathalus, thanks Orion!), does anyone have any questions for me or anything like that?
  • Whatevs.

I'm nice when I want.
  • This is cheesy, but with Monsterhearts being teen sex horror and whatnot, I *have* to ask...

Is the unicorn a bi girl eager for threesomes?

OK, jokes aside, what is it? Short of a Friendship is Magic crossover, I'm having trouble seeing a unicorn in high school.

• …never been called unpretentious before… …don't know how to feel about this.
    Bombastic. No, wait, grandiose. Ostentatious?
  • If I understand correctly, the Unicorn is the dreamer with wide eyes who can totally believe in everyone except him / herself. The Sensitive Kid.
  • Also, as a Seanan McGuire fan, I'm delighted to see the Cuckoo. (Yah, okay, it's not her Cuckoo, but... I'm good with that. Her Cuckoos are kind of lethal.)
  • If I understand correctly, the Unicorn is the dreamer with wide eyes who can totally believe in everyone except him / herself. The Sensitive Kid.
    I'd presumed it was the perennial virgin...
  • Having seen the playbook, it is both, IIRC.
  • Is the unicorn a bi girl eager for threesomes?

That was my first thought too!

Also, best cinematography for a kickstarter yet, this one is.
  • Wait, I thought the video was post-ironic pretentious? Which means unpretentious but with a winking eye to the meta-fictional narrative.

I have no idea what I'm talking about.
  • Lin, good cover. Your "no idea what I'm talking about" has them fooled.
    Meanwhile, here's an honorary Master's from the bullshit university I'm starting.

(Uh, not to be confused with Boise State.)

anansigirl - Thanks! We tried our weirdest! (It's like an AW joke... cause we used Weird instead of Hard...)

Everyone - I'm dishing about the Unicorn to Renee from Gaming as Women, I'll let you know when the interview drops!