Dungeon world, french version in-a-box => Jessica Hammer principles in action ?

2»

Comments

• Thanks again for your help. What do you think about that ?
    (if Sage Agree, and if there isn't any other agreement)

----------------
    For US pledgers :
    ---------------
    For 50 USD -> you get

- the DW tee (you choose your size, european)
    OR
    - A complete deck of cards in english (4x8 moves + 2X 8 moves) ONLY available FROM 80 pledges

AND
    - Your name in the rulebook
    AND
    - shipping cost is included (letter)

Available at the begining of december 2012

---------------------
  • - the eraseable battlemap with the cardboards figures, the players's eraseable screens (X4) are almost language-free. But they may not be the most interesting. I don't know.

- A deck of english playings cards with the common moves and special moves (arounds 5 decks of 8 cards + 2 decks of 8 cards)
    - A deck of english playings cards with the fronts of the scenario
    How much do you want for this? I want to pledge, and mostly for these components, but I don't read French.

• edited August 2012
    :)

- There is no text for the first components, and we would use the (english) original text for the cards

- I'm note sure about the price. It could be around 35-50 USD. I'm expecting you to tell me if the price would be fine or not. The lower the price, the more we would need pledgers (see below)

----------------
    For US pledgers :
    ---------------
    For 50 USD -> you get

- the DW tee (you choose your size, european)
    OR
    - A complete deck of cards in english (4x8 moves + 2X 8 moves) ONLY available FROM 80 pledges

AND
    - Your name in the rulebook
    AND
    - shipping cost is included (letter)

Available at the begining of december 2012

---------------------
    - We could add this level to the plateform we are using ( http://fr.ulule.com/dungeon-world-vf/)

- in any case, we need Sage agreement before anything

• I could probably pay $50 if you included all the items in my post. $50 for just the cards isn't grabbing me, though.
  • Tee + cards + shipping for 50 USD, it seems hard to do, especially if we want to earn money in order to make our boxed version.

But we could cut down the price of the cards to around 30 USD, maybe less.
    Or make a pack with cards+eraseable battlemap+figs+shipping around 70 USD i guess

Thoughts ?
  • I would do the $70 one, thought I'd prefer to pay a bit less, I can understand that international shipping is incredibly expensive.
  • thanks for the feedback. It could be a bit less, but it depend on how much people are willing to get this.

Any more opinons ?
  • Yeah, I think that re-usable character sheets are awesome, and I'd be interested to know what's on the other side of the screen.
  • the re-usable character sheets were in a "stretch goal". As we would have also to make an extensive translation, this would not be possible this time.

Regarding the GM screen, i don't think we could easily make an english version. On the GM side are the moves, the GM's job and some others things (i's to ask @gregopor, the designer)

• Si tu la besoin de re-traduire pour un version anglais, je serais disponible pour cela.
  • here are a few ideas of what we could offer for english speaking people,

- EDIT: The T-shirts. Wy not. With 50 USD by tee, we could send them as letter to the US (including shipping then).

- the eraseable battlemap with the cardboards figures, the players's eraseable screens (X4) are almost language-free. But they may not be the most interesting. I don't know.

- A deck of english playings cards with the common moves and special moves (arounds 5 decks of 8 cards + 2 decks of 8 cards)
    - A deck of english playings cards with the fronts of the scenario

There could be a pack for all the cards in english.
    Is this happening? I'd love to pick this up to show off at con demos...
  • I had no news from Sage so far, so it seems a bit late...
  • Damn. Will buy the shirt if you add it.
  • edited September 2012
    Just to tel you that we've reach 100 % and a bit more. A hard work but it's done.
    Now we have an heavy work to come...

Thanks to all of you anyway for your support !

• Hey there.

Just to tell you that the french box is coming. Here is a first look at prototype, before mass production...

Thanksagain to Sage and Adam for their trust on this. It's a hard hard work but it's worth the pain!

Last but not least, we will offering a DW mini-supplement (pdf and almost stand alone) to play into the universe of the last ringbearer, for the "ransom" of the french version of the novel.

There will be en english version all this done by the same guy, Gregopor...

the cover (novel)

more to come in a very few days
  • Wow! This looks amazing!
  • Oh, and I love The Last Ringbearer. Can't wait for the English version of this!
  • Hey there.

Just to tell you that the french box is coming. Here is a first look at prototype, before mass production...

I CAN HAS IN ENGLISH, PLEASE?
  • Hey there.

I CAN HAS IN ENGLISH, PLEASE?
    Yes please. May I have this please?
  • edited November 2012
    Maybe for the next DW print, you've got to see with Sage and Adam.

We will support them anyway if they want to do it.

Right now, here is a teaser about "For the Eye ! For Freedom!" a mini game/dw extension based on Kirill Eskov's novel

Available here, in english (right column / 15 € pledge)
    http://www.ulule.com/le-dernier-anneau/
  • edited April 2013
    I just recieved my physical copy and it's absolutely beautiful. The production values on this are absurdly high and this would be all I would need to start playing RPG's for the first time, if I were a potential gamer.

Bien fait Maitresinh!
  • STILL WANT IN ENGLISH, PLZ
  • Thanks a lot for your support Jason. This boxed DW was our first reformated game intented to spread storygames/rpg much beyond his frontier. But it's not the last, there's much more to do. It's just the begining. Now this version will quickly go CC, as the original, and we start thinking of the "blue box".
  • Mine has arrived too and it is gloriously crafted.
  • My nephews in France are delighted with theirs!
  • edited April 2013
    Thank you very much to all of you ! It's worth the effort when i see that.

I've made a first website here, where you can find an "open the box" vids with visual comments.
    EDIT: www.dungeon-world.fr
  • J'ai trouvé ça en ce moment... C'est vraiment adorable!
    (Just found it... great!)