So there's some chat here and there on the interwebs about Kickstarter being Good vs Bad for independent gaming. I wanted to get folks' thoughts in a pretty objective way, but also get some idea of how they interact with Kickstarter. Note: Feel free to substitute IndieGoGo in here as well, they're similar, but when in doubt I'm considering Kickstarter re its feature to only accept money for funded projects.
So here are my questions:
1) Have you bought into any Kickstarter projects? Sold on Kickstarter?
-- If Yes, about how many?
2) If you have bought into Kickstarter, what are your habits in regards to Kickstarter projects?
-- Do you only stick to one-off projects that you hear about from specific people/places? Do you browse other projects? Do you stay within the Games category, or do you also check other/all other categories? Just mention a little about how you use Kickstarter.
3) What has your experience been so far with Kickstarter on the projects that you have bought into (if any)?
4) What do you think about Kickstarter in relation to this little industry, from a purchaser perspective? Good/Bad, and Why?
5) Is there anything you'd change about Kickstarter if you could? (even if it's just magical wishes, like about how people interact with it)
Any other thoughts on Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, or other community patronage/groupfund projects?
(I'll post my own thoughts in a bit)