In games where you have one character, generally from start to finish, how do you care about your character?
mean: a developed or developing interest in the actions and situations that the character performs or is involved in and can include immersion.
Care does not
necessarily mean: a desire to see the character win, overcome or triumph. It can, but it is not the exclusive kind of care.
I have cared for my characters by:
- min-maxing them (D&D 3.x)
- planning out a career of powers for them (D&D 4E)
- developing intricate descriptions of their appearance or past (Shadowrun)
- illustrating their weapons (Red Box Hack, Sombra Console)
- creating critical issues for them (PTA, Tenra Banshou Zero)
- speaking with a voice for them (3:16)
- naming them (Final Fantasy IV)
How about you?