Highlighting & Quoting

edited July 2006 in The Sandbox
I may be late to the party on this, but if you highlight a portion of a post and then hit 'Quote', only the highlighted portion of the post is quoted.

Just thought I'd share with anyone else who's been editing down whole posts.

Comments

• Oooh, nifty.
  • Posted By: Kumaanyone else who's been editing down whole posts
    That's what I've been doing. Awesome.
  • Posted By: Kumaonly the highlighted portion of the post
    Whoa!

Ooo, it also remembers big input.

MDK
  • edited September 2006
    Posted By: rossumPosted By: Kumaonly the highlighted portion of the post
    Whoa!

Ooo, it also remembers big input.

MDK
  • Posted By: KumaI may be late to the party on this, but if you highlight a portion of a post and then hit 'Quote', only the highlighted portion of the post is quoted.

It doesn't work that way for me. It still quotes the whole thing.
  • Posted By: noclueIt doesn't work that way for me. It still quotes the whole thing.
    Works for me. :)
  • Posted By: nocluePosted By: KumaI may be late to the party on this, but if you highlight a portion of a post and then hit 'Quote', only the highlighted portion of the post is quoted.

It doesn't work that way for me. It still quotes the whole thing.

What browser, OS, and version of browser and OS are you using?

It works for me on Windows Vista with Firefox 2.0.0.6
  • And does anyone know why whitespaces disappear if their is formatting in the quoted text? Or, rather, how we can stop it from doing that?
  • Posted By: Robert BohlIt works for me on Windows Vista with Firefox 2.0.0.6
    Also with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on linux (fedora)
  • Internet Explorer 7
  • Posted By: Robert BohlWhat browser, OS, and version of browser and OS are you using?
    Switched over to Firefox and now it works.
  • Have you noticed if something is bolded or something is italicized and you quote that, the spaces around the styled text vanish?
  • Posted By: Thomas DHave you noticed ifsomething is boldedorsomething is italicizedand you quote that, the spaces around the styled text vanish?
    See?