[GPNW] Quotes and Games Played

Hey everyone,

Just a few updates to the GPNW website: the information for this year's GPNW has been consolidated in the Past Events section.

Why should you care? Because I've painstakingly transcribed the Quotes boards and uploaded photos of them to the 2009 Quotes page.

I've also revised the game sign-up page into the list of 2009 Games Played. If there's something on the list that didn't happen or is inaccurate, if there's a game missing from the list, let me know!

Comments

• Hey, that's really neat! What a treasure those Quote boards were... Thanks for doing all that!
  • those quotes are a-fucking-phenominal.

thanks for transcribing those, Phil!

& i've some notes for your game list, too:

sat 01: though he was vital to the playing of it, david didn't "run" anima prime: andrew henderson did. (the name next to the game's title is the Gm or equivalent, right?)
    sat 02: Beast Hunters, Leslie the Tattooed Lady.
    sat 03: The Hydra, jackson mf tegu, esq

sun 01: i think ogre was calling his game Rock n Roll Confidential.

that's my notes!

thanks again, Phil & team!
  • sat 03: The Hydra, jackson mf tegu, esq

Oh right, that's what I played Saturday afternoon! I was getting confused.

(For that matter there is a slight typo in the relevant quote: Brian's dad surely would have said "only boring people are bored". Surely!

Also, James Brown ran a pick-up session of Nine Worlds in Sun-02.
  • SUN-02: Sunday afternoon, 1 pm to 4 pm I ran another game of Fiasco.
  • For "something else" Friday night, we actually used Julian's Storyjamming system to play a show called White Picket Hexes, followed by Harper Adventurers from Codex: John Harper where (the character) John Harper sacrificed (fictional) Tony Dowler in the Death Machine to win the Necro Queen's favor, and then Jungle Speed :)
  • Posted By: Christian Griffenwhere (the character) John Harper sacrificed (fictional) Tony Dowler in the Death Machine to win the Necro Queen's favor
    Some percentage of that actually happened.
  • Sat-02 also had a game of Zombie Cinema.
  • Just wanted to say this list of games played is awesome, especially with links to the relevant discussions.

Thank you!!
  • edited July 2009
    Awesome work, Phil! Thanks for all the time and care commemorating our experience. The links to discussion threads are a particularly admirable (and time-consuming! Wow!) touch.

[EDIT] Or, if you will, what Chris said. :)
  • Thanks for your clarifications, Jackson!
    Posted By: jackson tegusat 01: though he was vital to the playing of it, david didn't "run" anima prime: andrew henderson did. (the name next to the game's title is the Gm or equivalent, right?)
    David signed up as the GM, so that's why I listed him that way, but I've now changed it to Andrew.
    Posted By: jackson tegusun 01: i think ogre was calling his game Rock n Roll Confidential.
    Right, of course! I do not know why I keep forgetting that.
  • Posted By: Ice Cream Emperor(For that matter there is a slight typo in the relevant quote: Brian's dad surely would have said "only boring people are bored". Surely!
    There are no typos in my transcriptions of the quotes. There may, however, be inaccuracies in how they were written down on the posters... :-)
  • Posted By: Jason MorningstarSUN-02: Sunday afternoon, 1 pm to 4 pm I ran another game of Fiasco.
    Thanks! I could tell from your AP that there was one missing but I didn't know when it was.
  • Posted By: blankshieldSat-02 also had a game of Zombie Cinema.
    Did you run/facilitate that, James? Or do you know who did?
  • Ping also ran Microscope in the SAT-01 slot.
  • Right! I knew she had a second game on Saturday but not when, and hadn't remembered to ask. Thanks, Ben.
  • Posted By: philarosPosted By: blankshieldSat-02 also had a game of Zombie Cinema.
    Did you run/facilitate that, James? Or do you know who did?

Technically, I suppose. I brought the rules, and explained them. :)

James