OK. So I outlined my Gamestorm game concept earlier, for a Skywalker Paradigm game using Solar System
. Thing is, I've been working a damn week and a half getting my Game Chef 2008 Playtest Ashcan ready for the 'Storm. Now I'm down to the wire and I need some Solar System crunch for Star Wars, paradigm-style, and stat!
I'm not asking anyone to write my stuff for me whole-cloth, but I need to brainstorm a bunch of Crunch ideas to get myself going. Secrets especially, and some Key and Ability ideas would not be remiss. Lightsaber Duels and Starship Battles are two areas of particular import.
So the main tenets of the Paradigm for this purpose are:
1) The Force is Self-mastery and Hypnosis (and self-hypnosis), on a Bene-Gesserit or Rasputin level. No TK or ESP or ghostly visitations.
2) There are, however, amazing and ubiquitous field technologies in the Star Wars universe. Darth Vader can move objects through magnetic repulsors as a fucking cyborg
, and Luke can do the same thing after
he gets a robot hand.
3) Palpatine is no Jedi; the movies mention no such faction as "Sith" and he and his top lackeys mock Jedi and Force mercilessly throughout the movies. His lightning is a tazer device, and his throne is probably bristling with shields and weaponry, which is why he had to be lured off it to get whacked.
4) There's no reason to assume a Force-sensitive types aren't mind-tricking people all the time
, not just when they waggle their fingers. obi-wan is constantly plying domination on those around him, to varying effect, and Vader actually mind tricks the Emperor
to get him to turn Luke instead of killing him (part of a plot to assassinate the old coot)! Luke gets in on the act too. These people are fucking dangerous!
No wonder the Emperor fears Skywalker.
5) For that matter, Droids can do mind tricks, being programmed with hypnosis subroutines. Threepio and Artoo totally good cop/bad cop play Luke like a sucker on Tatooine. They're in fact advanced spy droids more than any other function. "Protocol." Hen.
6) One kind of being is consistently immune to mind tricks--not Hutts, criminals
. Han blows off Obi-wan's influence and is consistently shutting Threepio up. People with rebellious and distrustful mindsets resist mental domination.
So there we go. I'll take any and all help. I'll be back later tonight to jump in with my own ideas, but welcome any input in the meantime!