[Misspent Youth] The Walking Eye Plays Misspent Youth

edited January 2009 in Actual Play
Hey everybody,

We started our game of Misspent Youth last week! This weekend I edited and posted our first session:

Session 1: 2 hours 30 Minutes

We're having a lot of fun with Rob's game. It was a lot of fun and was our first attempt at collaborative setting creation, and we were nervous our idea was way out there. Fortunately feedback from our #1 Independent Insurgent put those fears to rest. As Rob put it: "Great shit. I fucking love it. I'm a little envious I didn't come up with something this fucking cool." Awesome!

Here's the basic setting info we came up with:

Authority: Trans-dimensional corporation that steals History to sell it to other cultures. Historical events that are stolen are not remembered by adults. Buildings lose their significance, culture fades, progress stagnates. Only children are unaffected by this.

Theme: Violence, Class, Innocence

Clique: History club. “Hardcore Historians” (Nerdy Athletic Miscreants) “To preserve and promote the glories of our civilization through understanding of our history”

Characters:

Jen Kerzon 15yr old Loud and Angry, naive and pretty, stern leader

Mistreatment: Abused Motivation: Thrills Means: Bad

Schtick: Fast Talkin’ Hard Brawlin’ Party Girl Glitch: “Cares too much”

CJ Nix Ranz 15yr old Silly But Serious, sex crazed teen

Mistreatment: Spoiled Motivation: Optimism Means: Cool

Schtick: Can Hot Wire Anything Glitch: Virgin

Dan 12yr old small kid with big attitude, gratuitously emo

Mistreatment: Neglected Thrills: Pride Means: Tough

Schtick: Sherlock Holmes wannabe Glitch: Little Man Syndrome

Kevin Celedor 17yr old shy and bookish, wandering dreamer

Mistreatment: Sheltered Thrills: Altruism Means: Smart

Schtick: “Catch me if you can” Glitch: Caught up in the Details.

Comments

• I'm so excited about this. Not only is the fiction cool, but you've pledged to run an entire series. This may be the first time that's ever happened outside of my personal group (and only the second time, period).