The official Sea Dracula web site

Comments

• Congratulations, Jake.

Could you tell me a bit more about Sea Dracula? I'm looking for an immersive, hard-hitting, realistic look at the issues facing lawyers, as they juggle personal issues with the expectations of the legal system. Is Sea Dracula what I'm looking for?

Graham
  • Regardless of your post, Graham, Sea Dracula is EXACTLY what you're looking for :)
  • Posted By: GrahamCongratulations, Jake.

Could you tell me a bit more about Sea Dracula? I'm looking for an immersive, hard-hitting, realistic look at the issues facing lawyers, as they juggle personal issues with the expectations of the legal system. Is Sea Dracula what I'm looking for?

Graham
    Graham, yes.

I can back it up with Actual Play examples.

I'd played a game with Jake Richmond the night before. In that game session, I took off my pants. Long story, not relevant to this write-up.

We played Sea Dracula the next day. He told me that he'd offer me a free Lawyer Point if I took off my pants during a dance in Sea Dracula. The other players supported this house rule. I scoffed and said no.

But then the end of the game was approaching. I had the last turn to present an argument. I was down by 2 points. Doing a dance would get me one point. Involving others would get me one more point. But I'd still only be tied for first. There was only one option...

...I would need to drop my pants in order to win the case. And so I did. It was not an honorable moment, but it was a victorious one.

And then, after my turn, we entered endgame. And I found out that having the most Lawyer Points doesn't necessitate winning the game. And it turns out that indeed, I lost. I nearly cried. Most hard-hitting moment ever. Think about the breech of ethics, the abuse of power... followed by the breath-stealing realization that the machine would not yield to anything other than its own contentions. I felt victimized by my own greed.

Sea Dracula meets the requirements outlined in your post, 100%.
  • edited December 2008
    Posted By: GrahamCongratulations, Jake.

Graham
    Posted By: xenopulseRegardless of your post, Graham, Sea Dracula is EXACTLY what you're looking for :)
    There you go.

I'm never really sure what to say about Sea Dracula or how to explain it. It started as an adaptation of the Hugh Jackman Vanhelsing movie and spent some time as a city building sim before becoming a game about dancing lawyers. All the critical praise it's received was given before it was actually written or published. It's gotten me 2 separate lap dances.
  • edited December 2008
    Posted By: jake richmondIt's gotten me 2 separate lap dances.
    I was witness to the second. It was glorious. The undulating wall of muscle was as one with the lap of Richmond.

Ooh, it still gives me tingles.