Help me with... Everway

edited November 2008 in Story Games
Hi there.

Im a big fan of Everway. Conceptually that is.

Because all times I tried to play it, we never passed trhough char generation. This seems that kind of game where non-roleplayers (or people new to the hobbie) learn to play more easely than the veterans.

So, what tips can you give for someone new to the game (either to play or run it)?

Or, what tips would you give for someone veteran in the hobbie to play/run it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Posted By: vini_lessa
    Because all times I tried to play it, we never passed trhough char generation.
    Where, exactly, did you get stuck? Against what kind of obstacle, and how many times?

I used to play Everway... a long time ago. There are reasons I gave up, but I definitely "passed through char generation", so maybe I can help.
  • I don't give out the book during character creation. I just give some quick descriptions of the elements/stats and tell people, "Tell me what powers you want and we'll make it work." I've played a few times, primarily using it as a system rather than a setting (e.g. running Planescape with it) or springboarding from it into other things. I used it as the first game of a multi-system fantasy campaign, where people traveled from one game system to another.

If you've played or GMed Amber, that helps a little for grokking conflict resolution in Everway.