Since I'm a glutton for punishment and a connoisseur of abject disappointment, I'm thinking of starting up another online collaborative writing/freeform RPG project with some folks I've played with in several similar, horribly failed projects in the past. These are some great writers and all-around good people but my God are we good at endlessly discussing crap in lieu of doing any actual writing.
In an effort to forestall the weeks of discussion we got bogged down in last time concerning the technical end of things (which basically boiled down to "Wow, Ron, thanks for setting up this wiki for us! It's really great! By the way, do you think you could do us a tiny favor and make everything completely different?"), I want to have all the hosting stuff sorted out well in advance of actually contacting anyone else and asking if they want to play again.
So I'm looking for some kind of hosting option, whether it be a blog, a wiki, a forum, or something I've never heard of before, that satisfies these requirements:
* Free. I can face the inevitable existential despair of yet another exciting project spiraling down the drain, I just don't want any money spiraling down after it.
* It's private. Apparently, the group made up of Internet super-spies who live in mortal terror of any words they type ever being Googled. Also, on a more practical note, in one of our past games we had problems with some random dude who kept showing up and posting creepy bondage fantasies.
* It allows multiple usernames with one email address. Most of these people have this character-ownership fetish going on where they absolutely have to see some form of "posted by:" followed by their character name, and they're going to want to be able to do that with multiple characters. I really don't want to have to tell them to make up a bunch of extra Yahoo or Gmail accounts just to do that.
* It allows posts to appear in chronological order. We're all boring old dead-tree traditionalists who think that the new parts of a story should be below the old parts. All of the free blog hosts I've looked at so far don't allow that option.
Bonus points for:
* A non-ugly URL. I don't know if any of the other players mind seeing "qaz098i.wibbetyhost.bg/users/qz7gz24374/foobar.aspx?wibble=234827&wabble=23" in their address bars, but it grates on my nerves.
* The almost certainly inevitable ad banners at least don't flash, make noise, or contain boobies.
Can anyone help me find a home for this latest doomed endeavor?