[4e] Fourth Edition is frustrating...

edited June 2008 in Story Games
...because I want to play the damned thing. More specifically, I want to play the damned thing as a prelude to hacking the damned thing, because I see so much hackability there. Everything from replacing the movement grid with abstract SotC-style Zones to tossing out all the classes and powers and using the "Actions the Rules Don't Cover" section of the DMG as the basis for a rules-lite monster whacking game. But I don't want to fall into the old habit of endlessly making up houserules to compensate for not actually getting to play the game.

Unfortunately, the area where I live isn't exactly a hotbed of roleplaying culture. Although if someone made a "Eating Crawfish and Watching College Sports: the RPG", it would sell like hotcakes down here. Crawfish hotcakes. And even if I did find a gaming group, there's the issue of my odd hours and unpredictable days off to contend with.

This is me venting. Grr.

Comments

• You in 'Bama, then? I know roleplayers in 'Bama. Also, I got a college football hack of Agon in the works...