Seattle meet-up Saturday June 21 at the Wayward.

edited June 2008 in Story Games
Yup, now that GoPlay is over it's time to start scheduling meet-ups again. I got a lot of requests for more frequency and for more advance notice.

So, Saturday, June 21 at the Wayward cafe in greenwood at 11am until late afternoon.

Oh, and Bronwen says she'll be manning the shop alone, so patience.

I'm still hoping to do a pizza night sometime soon as well.

Comments

• Not sure if Lesley and I will be able to make it. We may have game during that time. If not, we'll most likely show.
  • I hope so. I need to get Lesley's email.
  • Drat, I'll actually be in Seattle that week, but Saturdays are off-limits for me due to religious observance. I'll just send you good gaming brainwaves from a lot closer than Miami Beach. :-)
  • Sounds like fun, but I'll probably be out of town that day. I love the Wayward.
  • I think I can make it.

-K
  • Shazbot.
    I'm out for this one, but expect to see me at more of these going forward.
  • I'll be coming back from China about an hour after this ends.

yrs--
    --Ben
  • Will Sunday work better for people?
  • Not for me because I'll be at a wedding (the reason I'm going to Seattle in the first place), so don't count me in the tally.
  • I'm going to be jetlagged to hell and back: so I have no idea if Sunday works better or not.
  • Either day's great by me.
  • I think we'll just stay with saturday.
  • This needs a bump. I'm sorry I can't make it this time, but you folks have fun!
  • Ok, so, everyone remember.

This Saturday, 11 am at at the Wayward. We'll be there.
  • Wait, it's a cafe right? So that means there'll be coffee!

That makes the whole 11 am thing a much rosier proposition.
  • Will anyone still be there at 1? That's probably when I'll show up.
  • I'm more likely to still be there at 1 than I am to be there at the stroke of 11.

In other words: yes. And I'll lecture you about why Agon is so much better than this new-fangled 4e-thing you kids are playing.
  • Yeah, we should still be there around one-ish. The Boy's gaming group doesn't start until 3.
  • Lesley and I will, in fact, be there. We're likely to drag Andy along as well.
  • Wow.

I had a wonderful time. We talked books and games and cooking. We played IAWA. There was some confusion as to which Wayward the meet up was supposed to be at, so sorry to Ben and Ping who had to leave early and to those unfortunates who went to the vegan cafe instead.

I look forward to next time.

-K
  • Ogre did say "... in greenwood" in that post up there, but I spaced it and went to the U Dist one. Oh well.

I got to spend the afternoon with Ben and Ping and had a wonderful time so it's all good. :-)
  • French toast = teh win!

Did the rest of you get french toast at the Wayward? No you did not!
  • Or cinnamon rolls?

Nice to see everyone at the Wayward however briefly, and what they said, great time hanging out in the afternoon with John and the fact brunch was really good was a happy bonus.
  • Wait, so you guys ended up at different places?

The DM is *not* encouraged to let the party split off into different groups. That only makes telling your story more difficult.
  • My excuse for being super lame and not turning up: my pal's (currently unnamed) band opened for Kultur Shock at Chop Suey on Friday and after all the drinking and dancing, this old guy could. not. move. on Saturday morning.
  • Posted By: Caesar_XWait, so you guys ended up at different places?

The DM is *not* encouraged to let the party split off into different groups. That only makes telling your story more difficult.
    I prefer to think of it as diversifying our portfolio.
  • Having learned the lesson of Heart of Darkness, we were following the 'never leave a man behind' credo...
  • edited June 2008
    Posted By: johnzoMy excuse for being super lame and not turning up: my pal's (currently unnamed) band opened forKultur Shockat Chop Suey on Friday and after all the drinking and dancing, this old guy could. not. move. on Saturday morning.
    This is an acceptable excuse only because Kultur Shock is freaking awesome.

Also, while I missed the people who went to the wrong Wayward cafe, I don't exactly feel sorry for them, since it is one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle.