A few weeks ago, Rafael Chandler allowed me to use his Disciple 12 rules
(the one used in Dread : First Book of Pandemonium
) to write a small heroic-fantasy-monster-bashing rpg.
I really enjoy playing Dread and I always thought the game's rules were perfect for some over the top Fantasy action.
That's how Gates & Gorgons
came to beWhat is it ?
A fantasy rpg with a solid set of rules that is easy to learn, teach and play. Oh wait, you don't have to teach it, go directly to the "play" part. If you really want a slogan we might call it a "traditionnal game with an Indie game feel"
but that feels kinda stupid.So what do you get ?
- Grumpy dwarves, overweight Halflings, shapeshifters, elves and ratmen walking their Path (Warrior, Thief or Wizard) in search of fortune and glory.
- Some Fantasy equipment with weapons, magical objects and, uh well, that's all you need right ?
- The soon to be critically acclaimed G&G Bloodbath MapTM for the miniature's minded.
- 19 Monsters ! Monsters talents ! Monster magic ! Everything to make the adventurer's life miserable and ease the burden of the GM.
- Optionnal rules for handling Relationships, mass Combat and Ships !
"So what do I do with it?"
- And of course a character sheet
Read the rules, grab some friends, make some characters, use the scenario generator. You can play a Gates & Gorgons game in less time you need to say "4th edition" (well, 2 hours according to playtest, calling your friends and cooking time included).It's all here !