No sex please, we're roleplaying

edited April 2006 in Story Games
Which did you do first, sex or roleplaying?

You can have sex with your partner or be on time for roleplaying. What do you do?

Have you ever faked: (a) an orgasm (b) a scene?

Have you ever gone to a game because of the cute guy/girl there? Even when it sucked?

You know when you find yourself saying the wrong name in the heat of the moment? Has it ever been an imaginary person's name?

Do you turn out the lights when your characters have sex?

Do you ever imagine your character naked? Do they have genitals?

Do you like your 'conflicts' hard and fast or slow and easy?

Comments

• One of the groups I roleplay with has this as an explicitly stated part of the social contract:

The only excusable way to be late and have not called is due to sex on your part.
  • 1> roleplaying
    2> Sex
    3> no, and no
    4> Yes, and yes
    5> no, and no
    6> Yes, but the laptop screen is still pretty bright
    7> Yes, and yes
    8> Variety is the spice of life
  • Yeah, when I was playing in high school, having a date (not necessarily sex) was the only good reason to cancel a game.

As to the questions:

1> roleplaying
    2> Sex
    3> neither
    4> no
    5> nope
    6> nah
    7> Since some of my characters have sex, imagining them becomes necessary to properly describe them
    8> Depends on the mood
  • 1. roleplaying
    2. sex
    3. yes and then she patted me on the back and said good boy and then I dumped her (TMI) and no
    4. no and no
    5. never have
    6. no
    7. no and yes
    8. Phew.
  • 1. Roleplaying
    2. Sex.
    3. Nope
    4. Yup.
    5. Nope
    6. Nope
    7. Nope
    8. Depends.
  • 1. RPGs
    2. Sex
    3. No & no. (But I have faked being interested in having sex with someone and had it anyway. And I've faked being interested in playing a game and played it anyway.)
    4. Absolutely.
    5. I've never called out the wrong name.
    6. No.
    7. Yes. Yes.
    8. Depends on my mood and the person or people I'm with. Wait, was that question about gaming or sex?
  • Which did you do first, sex or roleplaying?

I started gaming when I was eight . . . but I wouldn't say that I did anything but roll dice and kill orcs until I was much older. Still, I'd have to say roleplaying came first.

You can have sex with your partner or be on time for roleplaying. What do you do?

I GM with my partner, so we'd just lock the door and make our players wait outside.

Have you ever faked: (a) an orgasm (b) a scene?

a) No . . . sounds like a great way to sucker yourself out of a good time.
    b) No . . . also sounds like a great way to sucker yourself out of a good time.

Have you ever gone to a game because of the cute guy/girl there? Even when it sucked?

Yes . . . then I dated him . . . and now we've been together ten years.

The game we met in was pretty awful, but we both dropped out as soon as we realized we could just date and play games together.

You know when you find yourself saying the wrong name in the heat of the moment? Has it ever been an imaginary person's name?

. . . no. Though I've never said the wrong person's name at all, so I'm not sure it's relevant.

Do you turn out the lights when your characters have sex?

Depending on the game, it can be anywhere from "fade to black" to, well, um, not fading to black. :)

Do you ever imagine your character naked? Do they have genitals?

I don't really imagine my characters naked . . . but then again, I'm not a visual person, more of a verbal/auditory one. I have described my characters naked, when relevant, and yes, they have genitalia.

Do you like your 'conflicts' hard and fast or slow and easy?

All of the above! :)

--Jess
  • no answer
    depends on the game. and the partner.
    yes and yes
    oh yes. lord yes. I used to LARP
    I don't generally say the wrong name
    hrm. I don't think i've ever played out graphic sex, actually. something for the to do list.
    yes. oh yes.
    that's contextual.
  • Well, I suppose I should answer my own questions.

Sex. I was a late starter with roleplaying.
    Have the sex. Are you nuts?
    Yes...yes. Sometimes you don't want to hurt their feelings.
    Yes, unfortunately. That was one bad game, and no sex.
    Yes (pretty embarrassing). No. Are you nuts?
    I like the lights on, with a mirror, baby.
    Yes--drawn them. It's those life-drawing classes. And sex.
    Yes, please.
  • I totally misunderstood the question about the light on or off. My real answer is closer to Ben's: I've never had a graphic sex scene in an RPG. It should be on my to-do list, too, if for no other reason than to break that personal boundary.
  • I don't know that you got it wrong, Joshua. The questions are ambiguous and subject to interpretation.
  • Joshua, please don't feel that it's something you should do just because everyone else seems to. You should wait until you find someone really special, and do it because the moment is right.

:)
  • It's a good idea to find somebody experienced to do it with, too.
  • This week, on a very special Blossom.