Are you making a horror/dark game? I'll make your art.

I started a thread some time ago about offering to do artwork for story gamers. I gave a shot at doing some commisions for a few of you, but failed miserably.
Lesson learned: I can't do commisions. So I apologise to any of you that were waiting for some art for me, please forgive me, I suck.
But I still want to offer some art for some indie games, so if anyone thinks my art would fit his game, but doesn't care exactly what is beeing depicted, I'd love to work with you.
My portfolio: Helvete Studios
This one has more works: Carbonmade Portfolio

I can also do logos and typography, no problems there.

-George

Comments

• This makes me wish Damned Anonymous was much, much closer to completion.
  • Posted By: Ryan MacklinThis makes me wish Damned Anonymous was much, much closer to completion.
    You know, I was hoping you'd post here. I'm really looking forward to your game. Didn't you put out an ashcan a while ago?
  • Beautiful work. I will definitely keep you in mind should I do anything appropriate.
  • I'm not working on a horror game, but maybe I should be. I think this particular style of art should sell games.
  • Posted By: northerainDidn't you put out an ashcan a while ago?
    Not of Damned Anonymous, but I did for Know Thyself -- which some people see is having a strong horror vibe. You can check out the ashcan here: http://mastermines.wordpress.com/projects/know-thyself/.
  • Posted By: Ryan MacklinPosted By: northerainDidn't you put out an ashcan a while ago?
    Not of Damned Anonymous, but I did for Know Thyself -- which some people see is having a strong horror vibe. You can check out the ashcan here:http://mastermines.wordpress.com/projects/know-thyself/.

Isn't Damned Anonymous the one about demon infected mortals in a support group? Did I dream about the ashcan?
  • edited December 2007
    Posted By: northerainIsn't Damned Anonymous the one about demon infected mortals in a support group? Did I dream about the ashcan?
    Yes, DA is that. I call it "support group horror." And if you did dream about it, I want to know more! :)

Of course, maybe someone else ashcanned a similar idea. I've been tinkering with DA since early 2006, and only recently did I come up with a potential way of doing the game that I think'll have the effect I want. (Honestly, my litmus test was when my players said the sound of playing my game as I described it was a bit revolting. At the time I was a big crushed, since if my friends won't play it, who will? But now I realize that that's confirmation I'm on the right track.)
  • edited December 2007
    That's nice artwork there. I am making a dark horror game but it's in a limited edition of one and I have to have it finished by tonight. If I were going commercial with this, I'd certainly consider your work.

You could try talking to Pelgrane Press. They've got four horror games on the go now and will probably need art for supplements.
  • Hi there.

Could you send your standard rates to m (at) mobunited (dot) com? I may have some work for you in mid to late 2008.

Mob United Media's statement on creator-publisher relationships is here:

http://mobunited.livejournal.com/10131.html
  • Posted By: GB SteveThat's nice artwork there. I am making a dark horror game but it's in a limited edition of one and I have to have it finished by tonight. If I were going commercial with this, I'd certainly consider your work.

You could try talking to Pelgrane Press. They've got four horror games on the go now and will probably need art for supplements.
    What's your game about?
    I sent Pelgrane an email, thanks for the suggestion!
  • I may have use of your services, sir! Pretty much everything I write is horrific. Send me some more information and some links to galleries if you have any up: jarrodacquistapace (at) gmail (dot) com.
  • edited December 2007
    Posted By: JarrodI may have use of your services, sir! Pretty much everything I write is horrific. Send me some more information and some links to galleries if you have any up: jarrodacquistapace (at) gmail (dot) com.
    Helvete at Carbonmade has a few more works under ''Art''.
  • Good stuff. I perform industrial music, so my application for your skills is obvious. :) I've got a dedicated artist working on some things in the background, but I'm looking to possibly lighten his workload all around. That, and I'm writing a pretty horrific game book that could use a splash of visual zest.
  • Posted By: JarrodGood stuff. I perform industrial music, so my application for your skills is obvious. :) I've got a dedicated artist working on some things in the background, but I'm looking to possibly lighten his workload all around. That, and I'm writing a pretty horrific game book that could use a splash of visual zest.
    What's the game about?
  • It's about being an invincible undead maniac, vulnerable only to your own sense of self purpose.
  • Got no game for you, but this is just damn good artwork. (And nice site design, too.)
  • Nice design work.

I have to agree - I'd like to be buying games with that look too, not just, y'know, Converge t-shirts.
  • Thanks for the kind words everyone!
  • Posted By: northerainI can also do logos and typography, no problems there.
    I'm not in the market for that kind of thing (at the moment), but I do like your logo work. The digital piece, "Junky," is also quite nice.
  • Posted By: JarrodIt's about being an invincible undead maniac, vulnerable only to your own sense of self purpose.
    Well I'm up for it if my work fits and such.
    Posted By: Ryan MacklinPosted By: northerainIsn't Damned Anonymous the one about demon infected mortals in a support group? Did I dream about the ashcan?
    Yes, DA is that. I call it "support group horror." And if you did dream about it, I want to know more! :)

I thought DA was one of the best ideas I've read about and I'm still looking forward to seeing a build. If you want someone to work with, either content or layout/art/logos, I'm up for it.
  • If I ever actually bring out a game, and it's commercial enough to pay for art (two big if's), you can bet I'll be in touch! Nice work.
  • Thank you everyone for the nice words, this thread yielded a few far-in-the-future projects for me, but nothing in the next couple of months.
    So, who needs a logo for his unfinished game?
  • I need a logo for an unnamed EBM group. You know my tastes in music. Lemme know if you have an idea.
  • I decided to post a little update here. I didn't get any art gigs and that saddens me, but I did get to do some design stuff. The first thing I got to do is a logo for Rafel's publishing company(I think it's a publishing company), Neoplastic Press. I'm also doing some other top secret stuff but they're not done yet.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Hey man,

You should show them the girl with the knife you did, if you've gotten a chance to fix the thing with her knife-holding hand...
  • Posted By: iagoHey man,

You should show them the girl with the knife you did, if you've gotten a chance to fix the thing with her knife-holding hand...
    hey how did you know about that?
    Here's the girl, since it's already uploaded. Not fixed yet.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Posted By: northerainhey how did you know about that?
    I have magical powers.
  • edited February 2008
    Posted By: northerainI did get to do some design stuff. The first thing I got to do is a logo for Rafael's publishing company(I think it's a publishing company).
    No.

It's a cult.
  • Posted By: northerainI can also do logos and typography, no problems there.
    I'll say.

I just hired George to do typography and logos for five images, and before that, he did my corporate logo. Excellent work, executed in a timely fashion, and it looks exactly like what I was asking for. You just can't do better than that. I'm going to work with George again in the future, and I'm going to recommend him (without reservations) to anyone looking for a graphic designer.

His cover art for Van Dread is pretty freaking insane, too. A man of many talents.

-- Rafael
  • Were George's artwork a woman of even modest endowments, I would chance to bed her in a manly fashion.
    Pleased doesn't even cut it.