Dragon*Con 2007, Atlanta, GA

First time posting to Story Games, but I've been a long-time haunter of the industry and kicked around the Forge a bit long before this.

The real question is if there's any intended Story Games / Forge presence at DragonCon this year. I'm actually intending to run Bliss Stage for some friends at some point and very likely either Capes or Wushu at some point during the Con between podcasting panels. If all goes well, I'll run Bliss Stage and Wushu at Anime Weekend Atlanta two weeks later as well in an "official" Con capacity.

Comments

• I'll interpret "intended" as organized, and say that as far as I know, there isn't any organized SG/Forge presence. That said there are a few of us that'll be there, and I'm running some PTA, Roach, and Contenders.

Jeff
  • Will IPR have a booth at Dragon*Con?

Will there be any indie booths at Dragon*Con?

Who is going to Dragon*Con?
  • I am listed in the game book as running Amber Diceless, Don't Rest Your Head and Zocerer of Zo. I would be willing to run/play several other games (Spirit of the Century, Mortal Coil, T&J, Hero's Banner, Dogs, LoA, TSoY etc).
  • Bump....Did I kill the thread or what???
  • No but DragonCon falling so close every year to GenCon means its definitely overshadowed.

I'm bummed that I have to run a game in your slot for Zocerer, I've been meaning to try that one out for quite a while. Looks too fun.

And oddly I have no-one currently signed up for Contenders and I think only 1 for Roach. Ohh what fun these folks are missing out on.
  • Sadly, I think I'm skipping D*C this year- I'm pre-regged already from last year, and I'm honestly saving my con dollars for BoardGameGeek Con in November.

Yeah, I know.
  • I'm not going, but have a friend who is, and doesn't get to roleplay much. I want to hip him to some awesome story-games (especially Superheroes). So, is there pick up game type areas? Where should I send him?
  • I'm not going, but have a friend who is, and doesn't get to roleplay much. I want to hip him to some awesome story-games (especially Superheroes). So, is there pick up game type areas? Where should I send him?

There is, in fact, an open gaming area in the Mariott this year, I believe. They shuffled things around between hotels this year, and I do believe most of the gaming is where I lay my head. I'll be in the area most afternoon/evenings of the Con that I'm not at dinner, possibly running some Bliss Stage and Capes.

• Any chance some of us could meet up at the Con and play some of these games. I have unfortunately bought many more games than I have been able to play.
  • Any chance some of us could meet up at the Con and play some of these games. I have unfortunately bought many more games than I have been able to play.

Looks like me and my crew'll be in Open Gaming at 8p Friday til over in the morning, and from 3p til 8p or so on Saturday. Sunday, well, it'll be catch as catch can. If you want to hunt us up, you can catch us then or run into me on one of the Podcasting panels. Just look for Alex Williams, the short tentacled thing, and you'll be set.