Here is David’s summary of my summary of the method Robin Laws explains in the book Unframed
- Roleplay it out.
- When you do, keep an eye on who’s petitioning and who’s (potentially) granting.
- If no one’s doing either, maybe see if they’re gonna, and if not, go on to the next thing.
- If there’s a reason why the granter won’t grant, play that out, with that reason in mind. If there’s no such reason, grant the petitioner’s request!
- When playing out a petitioner’s attempt to overcome a granter’s resistance, keep an eye on petitioner tactics.
- New tactics, and new granter responses, tend to keep things dramatic and fun. Repetitions don’t.
- When you spot repetition, act quickly to cut it off, demanding either new tactics or an end to the interaction
It came from this post
, which in turn has link to the older thread it summarizes.
To me, this is the perfect. The perfect. Thank you @David_Berg