Searching For Perfect GM [Online, Roll20]

Well, I’m pretty flexible about “perfect”. Just looking for a person who gets along with my group and can play most weeks. We usually play on weekends around 6pm (Pacific Standard Time). We play Burning Wheel, Fate: Accelerated, Apocalypse World, and Pendragon. (Actually, we’ve never played Pendragon… I just like talking about us playing The Great Pendragon Campaign one day.) In general, our campaigns are pretty campy. Sincere fantasy names are usually avoided. No archaisms or ye-old peasant talk. Trope and genre awareness are welcome. We try not to avoid melodrama, the irony and campiness are really meant to make giving dramatic monologues less awkward for everyone. We’re all emotionally insecure man-children, so it might help to be one too.

We have a rule: “Shm-“ makes anything fantasy. You can use it to make pop culture references, as in “Shmaristotle once said…” or “’Know thyself’ – Shmocrates”. It’s so characters aren’t stuck referencing only the three books previously set up in game. GM can veto in order to maintain world logic, of course.

That’s probably enough of that. Send me a pm and tell me a little about yourself. I won’t subject you to any interview questions, but generally I get along better with people who care about art is some form, so if you want to mention books, movies, or music you like, I’d be interested. We can set up a one-off session and also make some time for everyone to talk and get to know each other first. The ideal is finding someone cool to play with long-term. (Technically, I’d also be interested in hearing from new players, but I’m really tired of GMing so that’s the priority.)

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place with this. If there's other places I should try posting, I'd very much appreciate that information. Thank you.

Comments

• This is a pretty unique pitch. The “perfect GM” gets you curious enough to read, and the actual text is a surprisingly sincere and insightful description of what you and the group consider important. I salute you on self-awareness!
  • Yes, I like this as well. Be sure to let us know how it goes. I'm almost tempted to send in my CV, and I definitely don't have time for a new group.
  • This is a pretty unique pitch. The “perfect GM” gets you curious enough to read, and the actual text is a surprisingly sincere and insightful description of what you and the group consider important. I salute you on self-awareness!
    Wow, thanks. I appreciate this surprise thoughtful compliment.

Yours as well, Eero, and I'll let you know. Also posted on Roll20, so hopefully there'll be someone.