As promised! This is version four; the first was playtested for a year, the second was abandoned after a day, the third (which only existed as a pencil sketch) gradually morphed over a month of playtesting into this♥
- scorns minis, maps or any visual representation! words only. Theatre of the Ever-Lovin’ Mind!!!
- uses all of 5e’s crunch [except bonuses to initiative]. So if you’ve ever wondered how the heck the Battle Master’s “Maneuvering Strike” (you spend a resource to add extra damage to a hit and also have an ally move half their speed without provoking opportunity attacks from the target of your hit) or the Evoker’s “Sculpt Spells” (you can let [spell level + 1] of your friends autosucceed on saves if they are caught in the blast of spells that you cast) are ever going to be relevant when the interface is essentially “Zork with Dice”, here you go
- answers all questions about who, why, where & how the monsters attack. Wonder why you got 30 arrows in the noggin? Here’s why!
- ever wanted a reason to spec whip? (Only 1d4 damage but wow reach! Hello opportunity attacks & crowd control!) ♫Vampire Killer♫ theme song plays
- wondered why it matters that your leg is chopped off (#ablism) or you’ve encumbered yourself by packing one week’s worth of of food in a game where movement is abstracted, here it is