Korea-Inspired Campaign Setting ~ The Koryo Hall of Adventures ~ On Kickstarter Now

The Koryo Hall of Adventures is a complete campaign setting compatible with D&D 5E inspired by the myths, history and culture of Korea.

Check it out on Kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aurelienlaine/the-koryo-hall-of-adventures-5e-compatible-campaig

I'd also like to use this thread for discussion about Korea-themed campaigns. My manuscript is already written and I have a short collection of adventure modules released, but I will also be releasing more supplemental ebooks in the future. What kind of things would you hope to see in these supplements? What concerns might you have? Any general feedback you can give would be great!

Comments

• For those of us who are fairly new to the sub genre, what is distinctive about the Korean setting and tropes? I’m a big fan of the people and the cusine but I’ve only seen contemporary Korean media.
  • For those of us who are fairly new to the sub genre, what is distinctive about the Korean setting and tropes? I’m a big fan of the people and the cusine but I’ve only seen contemporary Korean media.
    A lot has to do with the general myths and beliefs. For instance, there are no gods in this setting. Instead, it is based on animism and the most popular class is made of shamans who can connect with the spirits. This has a massive impact on how to play the game.
  • Looks cool. Good luck with your KS!!!

As a sinologist who is also interested in Korean studies I think that both Three Kingdoms era is an interesting setting concept for politically-socially intense games. Even if you drop the asian flavor.

(I am personally more into Warring States style, more fractured political map settings but I guess I am biased toward my chosen major.)
  • Imagine running a full-blown epic Three Kingdoms campaign? Would be mind-boggling, but soooo rewarding!