"Hearts in Antarctica" - a game on death and forgiveness

After a couple of expeditions in Antarctica, I started reading more about the past endeavors in the exploration of that wonderful continent. After some interesting findings, I wrote down this very simple game for 4-6 players about being stranded and facing certain death at the South Pole.
https://starfishgames.itch.io/hearts-in-antarctica-scott-edition
Would you be interested in reading it?

-MikeT

Comments

• I read it quickly. I am thinking about ten candles and the way you could time using thawing ice cube, or crush them with your teeth out of spite, but that is too "bretzel".
    I'd say the Playing the game part could be edited with distinct paragraphs or fonts for procedure and definitions. There are a few typos (strength).
    I have no idea of the game without experiencing it. I think I don't need to be creative, the scenarios take care of that part. I just need to clench my teeth and brood. Do the economy of beads help with that ? Like I trusted my bead to a player who didn't make good use of it or something? I don't think there is this tactical layer. So why the beads ? Why do I care about pardonning the leader if we're going to die ?
  • DeReel said:

I read it quickly. I am thinking about ten candles and the way you could time using thawing ice cube, or crush them with your teeth out of spite, but that is too "bretzel".
    I'd say the Playing the game part could be edited with distinct paragraphs or fonts for procedure and definitions. There are a few typos (strength).

I guess I can fix them, yes.
    DeReel said:

I have no idea of the game without experiencing it. I think I don't need to be creative, the scenarios take care of that part. I just need to clench my teeth and brood. Do the economy of beads help with that ? Like I trusted my bead to a player who didn't make good use of it or something? I don't think there is this tactical layer. So why the beads ? Why do I care about pardonning the leader if we're going to die ?

The game is not really about any kind of tactical thinking. Everything is tied to your personal feelings as a player AND character about what happened: this means that, knowing that you are going to die soon, you can choose whether to die full of spite or with a free soul. It's not really a "game" in the sense that you have something to score.

-MikeT

• I cannot download it right now but this is a message to follow this and so I don’t forget to download it later. The theme of this game seems to be right up my alley :)