Hey! I'm thinking about designing a game with this parameters. It's the kind of game that enables to play out this kind of sport animes like Haikyuu or Kuroko no Basket.
My initial toughts are:
- We are in a sort of megapolis, with lots of buildings, alleys, fences, walls and impossible jumps.
- The most famous sport in the world is Skyrun, a competition where two teams fight for being the first to take the ball in the middle of the arena and score in the enemy base. In order to do so, its not forbidden to take down an enemy, pass the ball and throw the ball in order to score. Of course, you are free to find the best and easiest route towards your enemy base.
- This is not a game about the matches, this is a game about the members of that team and their lives.
- It will have several stages like Preparation, Free Time, Match and Finale.
My initial toughts about this stages is a round-robin narrative process between the players having them to choose between options. For example, in Free Time they could have to choose between Bonding (Making a scene with another teammate out of training, narrating it and then creating a Tag that could help on the match), Taking care of oneself (Making a scene about the process of healing of a particular wound), or Training (Making a scene where you train, alone or with others, trying to up one of your stats or something like that). In Preparation you would have to choose which position will partake every teamplayer and their roles. In Match you would play the match. In the Finale we conclude the episode wrapping up and making a shared scene finishing all things up.
I sense that a fundamental thing about all of this is the life behind this players, their family or situation dramas, their fears and goals, their relationship and how they surpass all of this to be a united team.
I don't know
1) If this would really be a game people would play
2) If this is doable via this storygamey style focusing on characters more than on the match per-se.
3) If someone could help me with ideas thrown in this crazy hat. Please?