New Games Dec'18 Thread

I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection no. 89, including every tabletop project started between 11/25 and 12/09.

Quite some interesting projects have went live within the last two weeks. For example Tale, a fantasty rpg with some very interesting illustration and a solid project design. Though in conversation with fans of fantasy rpgs Low Fantasy Gaming is well worth having a look. Well, and I consider the design the game Queste nice.
I am not as much smitten by the looks, but by the science fiction setting and game system of Termination Shock by Greg Stolze. The setting should be accessible to new players and the idea to read several information from one roll, looks enticing. I am considering backing it. Nibiru is more to my taste in visually, yet the system isn’t exactly what I am looking for, though I do think it is working and solid. Check it for yourself.
I found it difficult to categorize the two games which I sorted under „RPG-adjenct games“. On the one hand there is Situations, which sees players collaboratively creating a story, though without feeling like an actual rpg or even story game rpg. The Noticeboard is somewhat of a more traditional boardgame, yet according to its creator, with quite some options to utilize it for tabletop rpg.
Next to those I got somewhat intrigued by Into the Wyrd, a horror setting for D&D. With Nile Empire you’ll find a supplement for Torg and Vagabond’s Cyclopedia one for Vagabond’s of Dyfed.
Though there are many, many more supplements, adventures and other cool projects:

English Crowdfundings

4 Role-Playing Games
2 Science Fiction Role-Playing Games
2 RPG adjenct games
3 Settings
2 Supplements
4 D&D Supplements
5 Adventures
8 Dice Projects
2 Apps & Tools
2 Card Projects
2 Notebooks
3 Maps & Tiles
1 Various RPG Project
2 Various Games

Spanisch Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
1 Adventures
1 Map Project

French Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games

Italian Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games

Blog-Article: https://teylen.blog/2018/12/09/crowdfunding-collection-89/

Comments

• I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection no. 90, including every tabletop project started between 12/09 till 12/31.

Welcome to the last Crowdfunding Collection of 2018.
    In regards of the projects I am enticed by They Came from Beneath the Sea!. The game offers a pulp SF setting along the movies and narratives of the 50s. I had the chance to play the game during GenCon and it was quite some fun, plus I do consider the author very reliable. Thus I recommend it even though I couldn’t yet squeeze it into my budget.
    If you would rather prefer fantasy games you might like to check out Map Maker Adventures. Fans of a more fantastical Rome should take a look at Maelstrom Rome.
    In regards of game books you’ll find that Choose Your Way Micro Action Booklets does offer some small adventures. While I personally felt tempted by the Silent Titans OSR adventure.
    If you fancy a look across the plate, maybe check out the Record of Dragon Wars project by the German Uhrwerk publisher. It’s their take on a Record of Lodoss Wars setting, with a OSR inspired rule set. Fitted to be suited for beginners.
    There are plenty more projects to take a look at, thus go forth and slide comfortably into the new year.

German Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

English Crowdfundings

4 Role-Playing Games
    1 Gamebook
    3 Supplements
    4 Adventures
    4 Dice Projects
    2 Coin & Token Projects
    1 Enamel Pin
    1 Soundscape
    3 Various RPG Projects