where my bloody like button?

Can we haz one plz?

I want to say 'yes, I hear you, good point' to half a dozen peeps in a thread, and I cant do it in a practical way.

Comments

• There's already enough of a heartbreaking "no-one gets it" feel whenever I open my figurative mouth, seeing a low like count would make it even worse T_T
  • no like 4 u
    Dislikes: Monday mornings

How about a convention of starting your new replies with acknowledgements? Just list whoever deserves it in there.
  • edited July 2018
    Please no popularity buttons.

@stefoid this is easy: just create one post, copy-paste the usernames you want to agree with, throw an "at" sign in front of each one, and say "I hear you, good points".

Like this:
    @stefoid
    @2097
    @Eero_Tuovinen
    I hear you, good points.
  • It's pretty old-fashioned, I know, but there's something to having formulate a thought or sentence - say what you liked and why, in other words.

It's certainly a tradeoff in terms of the convenience, though!
  • I'd prefer that people's ideas here have a chance to stand on their own merit without a like/reputation system either boosting them or crushing them.
  • edited July 2018
    Paul_T said:

It's pretty old-fashioned, I know, but there's something to having formulate a thought or sentence - say what you liked and why, in other words.

It's certainly a tradeoff in terms of the convenience, though!

Agreed.

I'd prefer that people's ideas here have a chance to stand on their own merit without a like/reputation system either boosting them or crushing them.

Agreed.

A like system would be a big mistake, IMO, for the reasons listed above.

• 'Karma' systems inherent to Vanilla Forums are intentionally disabled, for the reasons many of the above posters state. I'd search for the original thread about this optional functionality, but I am lazy. But it IS intentionally disabled.