[Inflorenza RPG Actual Play] North, under the silent stars

edited July 2018 in Actual Play
INFLORENZA RPG ACTUAL PLAY #2 : NORTH, UNDER THE SILENT STARS

A tribal drama in the coldest and darkest place in the world. With a written report by Orane !

Play on YouTube

read or dwld mp3 version

Read written report by Orane

picture credits : Travis S & Jasmic & Phil Mclver & visit finland, cc-by-nc ; Sophus Tromholt & Granbergs Nya Aktiebolag, cc-by-sa

Inflorenza is a french RPG where you play heroes, bastards and martyrs in the forest hell of Milesvale (english translation in progress)

It deals with horror and beauty, sacrifice, power and suffering, and forest. Forest everywhere. Inflorenza is the game to live in hell, to fight for your soul and to die of love.

we are looking for born english-speakers proofreaders, so please contact me if you are interested

"North, under the silent stars" is a theater from the Inflorenza book. It has been writen by Julien Delorme.
Far in the north is a village, said to be the last one before the ice. Its inhabitants live in perpetual winter, nights last ten months and no one prays to the sun, too weak to grant any wishes.

We try to show all the respect we have for native Sami people which are the protagonists of this theater. But as we are not natives and as this is roleplay (fictionial and partly improvisated), we may have made some mistakes and misinterpretations, so please tell us in the comments. This disclaimers also applies for animal cause issues.

Côme (english translator of Inflorenza) plays Wild Cub, a human transforming into animal.
Orane plays Slow Crow, a young reindeer raiser
I (author of the french version of Inflorenza) play Shaman Wolf, the masked arm of the ritual of killing.

Côme and Orane are french but their english is fluently. Mine is unfortunately far from perfect, i thank you for you leniency :)

This actual play is in public domain.

Comments

• Drat! I was looking forward to playing Inflorenza, but now that it's being translated into english it has lost its indie-cred.

Game seems quite interesting, though. Might have a listen to the AP.
  • This is very interesting, Thomas.

I'm a good proofreader. I don't know if I have enough time right now, though. How long is the text?
  • Drat! I was looking forward to playing Inflorenza, but now that it's being translated into english it has lost its indie-cred.

Game seems quite interesting, though. Might have a listen to the AP.
    I am glad to learn that you seem to have heart about Inflorenza since a while.

Just so everybody konws :
    The first edition of this game has been released in french in 2014. It is self-published, it is non-profit (pdf are available for free, and i don't make any benefit on the print-on-demande book) and text is in the public domain

The second edition is in progress. It will include enhancements due to a thousand playtests : minor rule changes that bring more fluidity, extra playing advices and many new playsets.

This second edition will be released in french and in english but it remains indie-to-the-core : self-published, non-profit, text in the public domain.
  • This is very interesting, Thomas.

I'm a good proofreader. I don't know if I have enough time right now, though. How long is the text?
    Paul, i feel very grateful for you interest and your support offer.

The first part in need of proofreading will include the core rules, the main playing advices and the playset, for a sum of about 64000 words. The translator is finishing the core rules so this first part will be available for proofreading before this autumn. I will let you know.

Just so everybody knows, as Inflorenza is a non-profit RPG, all collaboratives are unpaid. If you're a professionnal proofreader, i would'nt want to let you spend a part of your work time doing an unpaid task.