[The Mountain Witch] Countdown has begun..

I just wanted to assure everyone that the countdown for The Mountain Witch 2nd edition has begun!

I had to delay things for a couple different reasons, but I will be announcing a date for the Kickstarter soon...

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Also, this may seem like strange request, but I need a couple people to "playtest" the new version. Obviously the mechanics work, but I need to get some feedback on the new explanations. It would help me a lot if a couple people who have never played the game or read the original edition would be willing to look over the current draft. Bonus points if you can also play it in the next 6 or so weeks.

Send me a PM if you're interested.
  • Tim, I may be up for that! How many sessions of play are we talking?
  • I’m down to play with you Paul.
  • Yes! Let's do it!
  • Oh Paul, does this really mean that you've never read nor played The Mountain Witch? Shame on you!
  • Yes, major, major shame on me. But now I finally reap the rewards!
  • Clearly you do. We should all become late-adopters to get beta access, it seems.
  • timfire said:

I just wanted to assure everyone that the countdown for The Mountain Witch 2nd edition has begun!

I had to delay things for a couple different reasons, but I will be announcing a date for the Kickstarter soon...

Very cool!

• Quick note---I've gotten enough playtesters, thanks everyone!
  • edited May 2018
    Alright everyone, The Mountain Witch 2nd edition Kickstarter will begin on June 5th!

I will use the Kickstarter campaign to help pay for an editor, layout (by the returning @Joshua A.C. Newman ), and printing for the book and cards.

As a stretch goal, I have Kira Magrann lined up to write a supplementary article on role-playing the "outsider", particularly as it regards feudal Japan. I'm also trying to work out additional pieces from one or two other people that may get added as stretch goals.

I'm really excited to finally get this game back out in the world, and feel really good about the new version! I'll keep everyone posted on details as they come up. Thanks everyone!
  • timfire said:

I'm also trying to work out additional pieces from one or two other people that may get added as stretch goals.

I could translate my Castlevania hack into English, if you want a funny and weird stretch goal. As may be imagined, this version is about a bunch of multicultural vampire hunters (a Belmont of course, but also others) assaulting Dracula's supernatural castle.
  • timfire said:

I'm also trying to work out additional pieces from one or two other people that may get added as stretch goals.

I could translate my Castlevania hack into English, if you want a funny and weird stretch goal. As may be imagined, this version is about a bunch of multicultural vampire hunters (a Belmont of course, but also others) assaulting Dracula's supernatural castle.
    That would be worth an extra $5 on MY pledge. ;P