CHILDREN OF THE FALL: an apocalyptic story game is now live on Indiegogo

Greetings fellow story gamers. I’m very proud to announce that my new game (which had its genesis on this very site) is now complete and live on Indiegogo. Thank you to everyone here who helped with playtesting and as a sounding board for designs and concepts throughout the process of making the game.

Check it out: https://igg.me/at/cotfrpg

And now some blurb and videos:

Children of the Fall, the brand new apocalyptic story game from Frenzy Kitty Games is now live on Indiegogo. Children of the Fall is brought to you by the same team who designed KARMA and DUSK and features amazing artwork by acclaimed illustrator Vincent Sammy.

In Children of the Fall, the players play as the sole survivors of an apocalypse that has turned all the adults on the planet into evil, bloodthirsty savages known as the fallen. As a group, the players will explore and develop the world and story together in a completely collaborative system. Players will need to keep an eye on the ever shifting hierarchy of their tribe, build and grow their haven and do the jobs that need doing to ensure the tribe’s survival. Agency is shared amongst the players, and the game uses a brand new streamlined and simple rule set, which keeps all the players engaged in every scene.
Children of the Fall is designed for 3-5 players. It is a GMless story game and sessions take 120-240 minutes to complete. Unlike many traditional story games, Children of the Fall has support for one-shot and campaign styles of play.

Please take a look at our campaign and consider backing and sharing it with your friends and fellow gamers.

Thank you again for all your gracious support!

Gareth @ FKG

Comments

• Red Dice Diaries did a video on the game.

• Day 1 done and we are at 26%. :)
  • I’m supporting this game. I read an early draft and saw much of value in it! A cool blending of a number of effective mechanics.
    Thanks!
    Davey.
  • Thanks Davey!
  • We are one or two pledges away from funding!
  • Just hit our funding goal with 25 days to go
  • Hi! I think I will back this but am a little bit confused. On the funding page regarding delivery you say: "The game is complete - so as soon as the campaign is over you will get your PDF copies with the printed version following shortly afterwards." But in the backing options it´s Nov 2018 for PDF and Dec 2018 for print books.
  • edited May 2018
    Pelle said:

Hi! I think I will back this but am a little bit confused. On the funding page regarding delivery you say: "The game is complete - so as soon as the campaign is over you will get your PDF copies with the printed version following shortly afterwards." But in the backing options it´s Nov 2018 for PDF and Dec 2018 for print books.

Good Day. Thanks for your interest and the valid question. The book is complete. The only reason I've built in that buffer is if there are any print issues (I literally ordered the proof copies 2 days ago) then I will have time to tweak the POD files and order a new proof. If there are no issues then the books will ship as soon as I've received the proof copies and approved them (usually getting them here takes 2-3 months). I'm just being overly careful - but yes, hope that explains it :) I'd rather the books came 2 months early or on time rather than 2 months late :)
  • Just ordered the print proof copies :)

• Just unlocked the $600 stretch goal :)
  • edited May 2018
    I read the playtest preview-document of Children of the Fall today and the core design looks very solid and very well thought out. I play lots and lots of collaborative story games and can spot what will work well and what won’t—suffice it to say, Gareth did a really good job on the design and put a lot of consideration into it. It addresses a lot of pitfalls that many games in this space too often neglect.

I haven’t seen as much of the peripheral design but if it’s as good as the rest—which in all likelihood is—this is going to be a very good game, perhaps among the very best in this design space. People should pick it up; it deserves more attention than it’s getting. Gareth really brought his A-game and I’m impressed.
  • I read the playtest preview-document of Children of the Fall today and the core design looks very solid and very well thought out. I play lots and lots of collaborative story games and can spot what will work well and what won’t—suffice it to say, Gareth did a really good job on the design and put a lot of consideration into it. It addresses a lot of pitfalls that many games in this space too often neglect.

I haven’t seen as much of the peripheral design but if it’s as good as the rest—which in all likelihood is—this is going to be a very good game, perhaps among the very best in this design space. People should pick it up; it deserves more attention than it’s getting. Gareth really brought his A-game and I’m impressed.

Wow. Thank you for the awesome write up!
  • This looks really cool! If I wasn't so broke I would be all over it :disappointed: Glad to see you've hit your funding goal!
  • mabgriff said:

This looks really cool! If I wasn't so broke I would be all over it :disappointed: Glad to see you've hit your funding goal!

Thanks mabgriff. I appreciate that. Please consider sharing the campaign if you are able.
  • A little less than 2 weeks to go.
  • One week to go. We are at 157% funding. It would be really amazing to crack $1000. Please consider sharing or supporting.