Jan' New Games Thread

I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection No. 63, including every tabletop project started between 01.01. till 01.07.).

In this collection, you’ll find the first crowdfunding projects started in 2018.
Amongst them Frankenstein Faktoria, a rather rule-light tabletop RPG in which you’ll assume the role of one of Dr. Frankensteins creations. The game does define various body parts (torso, arms, legs etc.) separately and offers an interesting conflict for the player. Whether to tighten his monsters screws and have it be dumb but brutal or loosen them and have it be smart but physically inept. An imho interesting concept and a game worth having a look.
DestinyQuest IV is a gamebook with nice looks and an interesting concept. As for settings, I would recommend fans of Savage Worlds to have a look at Children of the Apocalypse and fans of PFRPG at Widows Tear.
Next to those you’ll find interesting supplements like Dice Dungeons (to roll up stuff), reprints of a Folio, mini-dice and more cool projects. See for yourself:

English Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game
1 Gamebook
2 Settings
3 Supplements
5 Adventures
2 Dice Projects
1 Dice Accessoire
1 RPG App
3 Various RPG Projects
1 Social Deduction Game

Link: https://teylen.blog/2018/01/07/crowdfunding-collection-63/

Comments

• Brie Sheldon has released a collection of games using self-portrait photographs, titled Let Me Take a Selfie. More info here (it's our own @Jason_Morningstar interviewing the author).
  • I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection no. 64, including every tabletop project started between 01.07. till 01.14.

After a rather calm first week, 2018 is gaining momentum with Kickstarters Make/100 incentive, leading to quite some interesting projects.
    My personal favorite project, which I backed, is Coin & Blood. A small OSR game that sees the players assume characters who usually are antagonists in fantasy stories. The Vigilante Hack is somewhat similar, though rather founded in the superhero genre than in the fantasy one.
    The D13 RPG offers an interesting story game approach and facilitates a horror game with d13. Am curious and had the project bookmarked for a closer look. Infinite Galaxies, on the other hand, is the first PbtA system for 2018, exploring the SF genre.
    The shout-outs wouldn't be complete without a mention of John Carter from Modiphius.
    This time around am as well intrigued by both of the (PFRPG) supplements. At the one hand, there's Faerie Fire which got a great 80s retro look to itself, at the other hand, and even more so Path of the Black Flag for attempting to introduce anarchy (as a political system) to a fantasy setting.
    Next, to those you'll find an interesting gamebook, cool dice, quite some non-tabletop RPG games that caught my eyes and more, take a look:

English Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game
    2 OSR Role-Playing Games
    2 Story Game / PbtA Role-Playing Games
    1 Gamebook
    2 Supplements
    3 Adventures
    2 Dice Projects
    2 Dice Accessories
    1 d20 Encounter Generator
    1 Social Deduction Game
    3 Other Games

French Crowdfundings

1 Campaign

Link: https://teylen.blog/2018/01/15/crowdfunding-collection-64/
  • I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection no. 65, including every tabletop project started between 01.14. till 01.21.

In this collection you’ll find the Vital Hearts projects, aiming to fund a RPG that tackles the „Isekai genre“. Thus basically story about characters who’ll end up as avatars in a virutal game world. Like e.g. in Ready Player One, Swords Art Online, Log Horizon, Jumanji and other books/series. The game utilizes the „Cardinal System“ and the project is done by the people who brought Farflung, Myriad Song, Ironclaw, Urban Jungle and various other RPGs to live. I do feel tempted to back it.
    Next to that the comic Life of the Party: Roll for Initiative sticks out to me the most. It looks like a fun little thing. Though the other projects deserve a look as well.
    There are several very interesting projects in the foreign language section. Whether its the Spanish Cybersalles, the Swedish Chock or the French KABBALE am intrigued.
    Take a look for yourself:

English Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
    1 Supplement
    2 Adventure
    2 Dice Accessoires
    1 RPG Comic
    1 Podcast
    4 Various RPG Projects
    2 Other Games

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Swedish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

French Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games

Link: https://teylen.blog/2018/01/21/crowdfunding-collection-65/
  • I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection no 66, including every tabletop project started between 01.21. till 01.28.

In regards to tabletop RPG you’ll find a new entry to the fantasy genre with Ascendant Destiny. The game appears to be focused on a rather heroic, colorful approach to the setting and the system seems quite traditional (d10 pool system) without being OSR. Next, to that, it has some nice illustrations, a charming project in my opinion. League of Seekers, on the other hand, is a game that took quite some inspiration from Bloodborn, dives into the grimdark times of eighteenhundred and seasons it by inserting some Lovecraftian horrors. The base system is „percentile roll under“ though with some intriguing twists. Like a sanity mechanic where the character got to be actually a bit mad to see the horror. The last full tabletop rpg in this list is S̀uen Ikna, a game for whom it’s authors developed a whole new language (including a new alphabet) and which is quite a passion project.
    Yet the various other projects are intriguing as well.
    Like Seigneury of Borth a French / English project that offers beautiful setting illustrations. Well or the really cool looking dice like PolyHero or Necronomicon or those fancy Sumi coins.
    You might choose to support New Agenda Publishing, a new publisher, run by experienced designers like Eloy Lasanta, Misha Bushyagar, and Jerry D. Grayson. You could take a look at Elven Lords – a solo adventure for Tunnels and Trolls. If you got kids The Little Game Master children book might be worth having a look. Well and if you like games in general,... I got intrigued by the Bokkel Magazine projects, despite it not being a Choose Your Own Adventure. Well, and if you are in Berlin, and interested in pervasive LARPs, you might like to check out the Wall 2061 Citygame crowdfunding.
    There are many more cool projects, take a look for yourself:

English Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games
    4 Supplements
    2 Campaigns
    1 Solo-Adventure
    2 Adventures
    4 Dice
    2 Coins
    3 Dice Accessoires
    2 Dice-Enamel Pins
    1 RPG Publisher
    1 Soundscape
    1 Children Book
    3 Various RPG Projects
    1 Gamebook (Not a Choose Your Own Adventure)

French Crowdfundings

1 Setting / Artwork

German Crowdfundings

1 LARP

Italian Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Setting

Link: https://teylen.blog/2018/01/28/crowdfunding-collection-66/