My username seems to show up twice

I notice that in my posts my username shows up twice. Did I do something wrong? I can't find the root of the problem.

Comments

• I think the first of the two is a replacement for an avatar picture you haven't uploaded! Try uploading any piece of graphics to your profile and see whether it shows up right.
  • I tried to upload an avatar earlier today but it wouldn't take. I will try again.
  • A few weeks ago I tried loading like 6 or 8 avatars, and nothing worked. Now I just have a blank white box.
  • Well, removing the picture works, but uploading an avatar doesn't seem to work.
  • A few weeks ago I tried loading like 6 or 8 avatars, and nothing worked. Now I just have a blank white box.
    In my window your username shows up double. What worked for me was making sure the uploaded picture was removed again.
  • That's weird. So image uploads just don't work...
  • That's weird. So image uploads just don't work...
    Not sure. We may be missing something. I made sure that my images were 20 kb or below, and I tried jpg and png formats, which are common. I upload from a Mac, if this makes any difference.
  • I tried the same things as you (jpg, png, various sizes) and couldn't get an avatar to take. I am on Windows 10.
  • I contacted James the Mod about this when I first signed up. Apparently it's just some bug with the new version of the forum, but they'll get to it eventually...
  • It's still a problem. I just tried to upload a profile image, and it didn't load.