Oct'17 New Games Thread

I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection No. 54, including every tabletop project started between 09.25 till 10.09.).

Recently returned from vacation there are no fewer than 62 projects started within the last two weeks.
The projects that sparked my interest the most, are those who I put in the story game category. Like Purgatory House, a quite cool Horror rpg, which sports an interesting Blackjack based system. Generations does intrigue me by offering a concept about characters once removed from life being reborn. Survive Et Al is quite exciting, though maybe a tad boardgamey. Next to those games gamers who like Fate might fancy into the rocking mice of Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse or dive into the GoT inspired fantasy world of Sustina. There’s as well a new Edition of Outbreak: Undead.
Next to those I would like to point you to the Rider of the Black Sun game book by Mantikore, a book I heard is very well received, as well as the Chill Undead Sourcebook.
There are plenty of foreign language games as well. Like, you’ll find quite some projects from Germany. Like the translation of Starfinder, which does quite entice me. Next to this there are two full games. At the one hand Fallen World with a system of its own, at the other hand Seelenfänger: Täuscherland which is based on Fate Core. Yet, the most interesting project for someone who does not speak German, is likely TSUKUYUMI. Not a tabletop RPG, yet an interesting game.
You’ll find many more projects in the list, I’ll invite you to check out:

German Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games
1 LARP Projects
2 Various RPG Projects
1 Other Game

English Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games
2 Fate Role-Playing Games
3 Story Game Role-Playing Games
3 Game Books
4 Settings
4 Supplements
3 Supplements D&D / OSR
2 Supplements Science Fiction
2 Supplements Part 2
3 Adventures
6 Dice Projects
5 Accessories & Containers
2 RPG Calendars
2 Live / Real RPG Play Projects
4 Various RPG Projects
2 Various Games with RPG Influences

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Supplement

French Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
1 Supplement
1 RPG Novel

Comments

• These compendiums you share are amazing. Must be a lot of work. Thanks for doing this and offering it up to everyone. I enjoyed looking through at a bunch of stuff I would never have seen otherwise.
    If you find it useful to group games also into the category of gmLess/gmful story games, I'd really love that ;).
    I know there are any number (in other words I don't know) of other forum members who are particularly interested in that category of games and gaming.

Even without that added filter of "gmLess", your lists make it so easy to stay abreast of what the new games are out there in kickstarter land.

Thanks again,
    Davey.
  • @davey you're right. I always thanks @Teylen for this work and for sharing this knowledge.
    Rob
  • Thank you both for your reinforcement :)

As for the categories, I will see. In general they are less like fixed categories that I'll have every crowdfunding. I'll do them to sort the mass of new role-playing games into more sizeable, digestible chunks. Thus I usually do them if I got more than one game for a category. I'd need like two gm-less games. Well or one that I do personally like veeery much ^^;
  • I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection No. 55, including every tabletop project started between 10.09 till 10.19.).

You’ll find a few foreign language projects. The Sprawl is translated to German as Der Sprawl. Tales of the Loop will be translated to French and The Dark Eye will get a Dutch translation as Het Oog des Meesters. If you are curious about The Dark Eye and LARP, a crowdfunding for the (German) LARP rules for The Dark Eye is on its way.
    Though, as to get to the meat. I got enamored by CATaclysm. A game in which you play anthropomorphic cats, with a setting that does invoke memories of Nausicaä … that’s at least for me. Yet I do feel tempted by Jim Pintos Praxis: Black Monk game as well. I’ve read one of the Praxis games and it’s a really interesting concept.
    Then it’s October again and Halloween is encroaching. Thus there are several games placed in the horror genre: Don’t Look Back (Urban Horror), Aliens & Astroids (SF Horror) and B-Horror (well d’uh). Next to those, The Road to Bethlehem is a tabletop rpg / boardgame that caught my interest. It is the first game focused on religion, Christianity to be specific, to actually look competent and fun.
    There are of course more games. Like the D20 / D30 RPG & DCC Dice Chain Sets set, which convinced me by presenting beautiful and strange dice. I am as well still considering getting the Wee Beasties kids book, as it looks really, really cute.
    Though there are plenty more cool projects, just take a look:

English Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
    2 Fantasy Role-Playing Games
    3 Horror Role-Playing Games
    2 Story Games (GM-less)
    3 RPG-like games
    1 Supplement
    2 Settings
    2 Savage Worlds Settings
    4 Adventures
    4 Dice & Coins