Participate in an Immersion Evaluation of the Video Game Experience

edited September 2017 in Forum Discussion
Hi Story Gaming Fans,

As part of my honours thesis at the Queensland University of Technology, I was looking for people over the age of 18 who have played The Walking Dead Season 1 or Silent Hill 2. We want to understand how player agency and moral gameplay decisions can affect immersion.

You will also be asked to answer questions about your experience (in both a survey format and an optional interview format for some).

If you are interested in taking part in this study please follow the link: Immersion Survey

Please contact me via email at nicoletta.tancred@connect.qut.edu.au if you have any further questions. You will be provided with further detail prior to participating to ensure your decision and consent to participate is fully informed.

Thanks!
Please Note: If you could share this with people who might be interested It would be really appreciated.

Comments

• This... isn't a video games forum, actually.
    But I'm pretty sure some people around here might be interested. In fact, I am looking forward to reading the resulting paper.
    Nice screen name, BTW.
  • edited September 2017
    I tried to answer your survey but the questions asked do not have enough context to make them meaningful or useful. At a very minimum you would have to define terms likes "harm" and "welfare." Is it harm to cause a child temporary emotional distress to socialize them in a way that will likely diminish their suffering in the future and enable them to cope with life's difficulties? My suspicion is that your survey is informed by an ideological perspective in which "harm" and "welfare" have been reduced to ideological neologisms, and their meanings have intentionally—or unconsciously—been obfuscated; in the context they are presented they are vague and subjective to the point of being meaningless. This makes me suspect that you want to manipulate the data to support whatever ideological agenda suits you, whether consciously or unconsciously. I don't know what you're doing, but it's not science, and I prefer not to take part in it. I hope you evaluate your motives for the study; if you don't have an axe to grind than I suggest you go over your methodology.