[Dungeon World Actual Play] Kobold Sympathizer

This week You Don't Meet In An Inn begins a fantasy campaign that will stretch across multiple RPGs!

Today we are playing Sage LaTorra and Adam Koebel's Dungeon World!

Hired by Virtue Kell our heroes are sent to a rival's territory to shut down a gold mine but they also need to avoid being connected to the closure.

Here are some maps relevant to this episode.

You can find the podcast on itunes here, on not-itunes here, and our RSS.

You can follow us on twitter at Notaninn or email us at YouDontMeetInAnInn@gmail.com

You can also like our facebook page or subreddit for regular updates.

If you'd like to support the podcast please rate and review us on itunes, or share us with your friends on social media!

We hope you enjoy listening!

Comments

• Listening to this one!
  • Listening to this one!
    We hope you've enjoyed the series so far!

This week You Don't Meet In An Inn begins a fantasy campaign that will stretch across multiple RPGs!

Having infiltrated Goterron our heroes begin to gather information as they come up with a plan that should satisfy both Virtue Kell and the local kobolds.

You can find links to the show and our contact info in the OP.
  • This week You Don't Meet In An Inn returns to our fantasy campaign that will stretch across multiple RPGs!

With a plan in hand the party begin taking steps to shut down the mines of Goterron while struggling to remain inconspicuous.

• This week You Don't Meet In An Inn continues our fantasy campaign that will stretch across multiple RPGs!

Under cover of night our heroes infiltrate the mine works of Goterron to prepare for the ritual that will anger the kobold spirits.

• This week You Don't Meet In An Inn continues our fantasy campaign that will stretch across multiple RPGs!

With a day of time to fill before their plan is acted upon the party find ways to busy themselves, but their actions haven't gone unnoticed.

It's time to act! The Grace and Virtues arrive tomorrow so the party enact their plan to agitate the kobold dead that will shut down Goterron's mine.

• This week You Don't Meet In An Inn concludes the Dungeon World section of our fantasy campaign that will stretch across multiple RPGs!

With the hounds of silence taken care of the party continues their prepared ritual but a clean get away isn't in the cards.

• edited October 2017
    It's hard to respond to a message that's basically just a link to something elsewhere on the net.

Are you willing to discuss this in more detail here?

Which games/systems have you used in this ongoing campaign?

How were the "switchovers" handled, and how has it affected play?

Were there any particularly surprising events or turns which wouldn't have happened without this game-switching? Why were they surprising, if so?
  • I'm fine with replying here, though my replies might be a little slow.
    This Dungeon World series is the first game we've played in this campaign setting EXCEPT for the Microscope game we used to make the setting.
    After this though we'll be playing Blades In The Dark with most of the same characters. I suspect that switching the characters to Blades is going to be tricky. Changing Curzon to a cutter is no problem, making Epona to a Whisper is a little more of a stretch, but the big problem is what to do with Zatalie. I think she'll have to become a cutter or lurk and we'll fluff some of the abilities and gear as her transforming all or part of herself. I also think Zatalie is going to be the largest problem on going because very few games other than Dungeon World allow for shape shifting at such low levels.
    Can't really speak to the surprises of the switching because the story is so early, but we'll see!