£5 RPG on Kickstarter now - Era: Hitman

edited March 2017 in Directed Promotion

In this game, you are a hitman, an assassin who eliminates targets for anyone paying the right amount.

Whether your skill is stealth, approaching your enemies unseen, firing a bullet from a neighbouring rooftop, hacking automated defences or demolishing a building to eliminate everyone inside, you are always in demand. With the protection of the Guild, you need not fear retribution once you escape the scene of the crime - the scrubbers have your back. Every trace of you, every piece of camera footage, everyone who will testify that you were there will vanish without a trace.

All that falls to you is the kill itself and, in that, you're an expert.

Choose from a variety of weapons, armour and equipment and suppliment them with superhuman abilities such as controlling fire, slowing time or even messing with gravity or the Strong Nuclear Force!

Let nothing stand between you and your target.

Join us on Kickstarter for £5!

Comments

• Hey Ed,

I hope your Era line of games is doing well! You've put out a bunch in the last several months -- I admire your productivity!

I did notice you haven't had many replies here, and that might be because other people are getting the sense I'm getting: you only show up to Story-Games.com to pitch your own games. There's no formal rule against that, but I don't think it's the best way to get positive attention around here. If you stick around the forum a bit, and find some threads where you have some passion for the topics, and chime in, folks might be more interested in checking out your Era threads. No guarantees, but it's a thought. It'd also be a little more in keeping with the general spirit of this place.

So, Hitman: I assume form the pitch that we have multiple players playing multiple hitmen. Do they work together? Or do we alternate between them as they do separate jobs?

Best,
    -Dave
  • I am also a bit confused by the pitch. All I know is that you play a hitman, you go after a target, and you don't have to worry about the consequences or collateral damage.

Hard to imagine what play is like, from that description (or why we don't view the hitman as a villain - why would we root for him/her?), unless it's all just one-on-one fights.

I'd like to hear more about what the game actually looks like in action.
  • The art is really top-notch, by the looks of it, so that's definitely eye-catching!
  • I am also a bit confused by the pitch. All I know is that you play a hitman, you go after a target, and you don't have to worry about the consequences or collateral damage.

Hard to imagine what play is like, from that description (or why we don't view the hitman as a villain - why would we root for him/her?), unless it's all just one-on-one fights.

I'd like to hear more about what the game actually looks like in action.
    Let me see...

That Kickstarter page sports a link to a free quickstart guide, which I haven't downloaded and read, but might answer some or all of these questions.

My impression just reading through the KS page is that it's a dungeon incursion or Shadowrun job by another name... The PCs are a party of hitmen going after a very important target, and that target has security in place: walls, guards, even guards who are powerful combatants with psychic powers just like the PCs'.

Sounds like the kind of over-the-top action movie where one or more larger-than-life, hyper-badass main characters attack Big Boss HQ and murder a zillion mooks until they get to Big Boss Himself and murder him, duh, and I'm sure they've mentioned a reason why they definitely had to, but I wasn't paying attention, sorry, distracted looking at the explosions. I can think of a couple such films that I actually like, though, including a Bruce Lee one. :)
  • Love the art, would dearly love to know more about the game, the rule system and everything else.
  • As a guideline, driving-by to post your kickstarter and not interacting with people interested in your game is not how directed promotion should work here.

Future examples of this will result in deletes/bans.