Games On Trial

Somehow or other, I've become co-moderator of a G+ community specifically devoted to play testing nascent RPG designs that are yet to be published: the community is open to everyone, whether they are a designer looking for feedback or a player willing to donate some of their time to play testing games. If you fall into either of those categories, please join us in putting Games On Trial.

Comments

• This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • A new suggestion has popped up on the Games on Trial community, for a sort of RPG Book Club: if you sign up to it, you get a chance to share your work at it's current stage with other designers/players and get feedback on it. The only requirement on your part is that you commit to reading other people's designs as well and providing feedback on them. Playtesting would be awesome, but reading and providing feedback is sufficient.

It looks like one group is ready to spin-off from this suggestion, but there's room for many others: i suggested about six designers/readers per group, so that no-one would have to wait too long for the group to get around to their game.
  • A new suggestion has popped up on the Games on Trial community, for a sort of RPG Book Club: if you sign up to it, you get a chance to share your work at it's current stage with other designers/players and get feedback on it. The only requirement on your part is that you commit to reading other people's designs as well and providing feedback on them. Playtesting would be awesome, but reading and providing feedback is sufficient.
    This is great James! And individual designers could go further, as you say, and agree to playtest each other's games--a win-win situation. Well done!
  • edited January 2017
    A new suggestion has popped up on the Games on Trial community, for a sort of RPG Book Club: if you sign up to it, you get a chance to share your work at it's current stage with other designers/players and get feedback on it. The only requirement on your part is that you commit to reading other people's designs as well and providing feedback on them. Playtesting would be awesome, but reading and providing feedback is sufficient.
    This is great James! And individual designers could go further, as you say, and agree to playtest each other's games--a win-win situation. Well done! Please go through with this :)

• Very cool. I playtested Follow at my open games group and I think everyone enjoyed being inside the process. (And it was a good game!) I'd be up for playing through more people's games in real life! I'll go and join the group.