This is a general info and updates thread for "Other Borders". Feel free to AMA.
- Other Borders began as an expansion to Tom McGrenery's "Malandros".
The "standalone edition" is in preparation for a Fall 2016 release.
- What it's about: Drugs, Money and Magic in the modern American southwest.
- Tone and genre: Magical Realism. Drug cartels, cops, curanderas, Santa Muerte and Mestizo magic.
- Like its predecessor, Other Borders is a hybrid system: a stripped-down version of Robin Laws' DramaSystem with a die-based resolution mechanic influenced by PbtA.
- To my knowledge, it's the first DramaSystem game to include magic-using character types. (Correct me if I'm wrong!)
STATUS 9 OCT 2016: Currently looking for beta readers, early reviewers and independent playtesters. If interested, please comment below or contact me directly.