The Kickstarter for Malandros
has a week and a day left to run.
It's a game about ordinary and extraordinary people in Rio de Janeiro at the end of the Empire of Brazil. You play characters in a tight-knit community caught up in tumultuous times: gang leaders, captains of industry, fishermen, martial artists, swindlers and more. You all know each other - you're family, friends, rivals or enemies, all living in the same part of town. You all want something from each other. Maybe it's respect, maybe it's love. Maybe it's fear, or something else. But will you get what you want?
This is the Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1690011586/malandros-tales-from-the-streets-of-old-rio
And this is an interview I did with Mark Knights about the game: http://rpgknights.com/malandros-kickstarter/
Here's the current stretch goal situation.
- EPUB and MOBI versions + Supernatural Creatures supplement
- São Roque setting pack + Rio map art upgrade
- The Sydney Razor Gang Wars (alternate setting PDF)
Upcoming (in this order):
- Aluminium Wars, a 1990s Russia setting by Mark Galeotti,
- Victorian London setting by Paula Dempsey,
- Other Borders, modern-day sorcery setting by Tod Foley,
- Gangs of Titan, an SF setting by Stras Acimovic
- Kingsport Shore, Lovecraft/Twin Peaks style weirdness by Steve Dempsey