Bite-Sized Actual Play - July 2014

edited July 2014 in Actual Play
Fiasco: Touring Rock Band.
Rodney Rok and Alex Pluto are a heavy metal act who only play well when they're baked. They're also lovers, but they keep their sexual relationship in the closet for fear of alienating their fanbase. The name of the band: Cocked & Loaded.

After scoring a bag of PCP-dipped weed from some local teenagers who assure them it's "a gift from God", both of them begin tripping balls, and it's not fun. Rodney hears the universe ringing in his ears and stumbles into a ditch beside the road, calling out "Alex - where are you?"

Alex responds "God is trying to kill me!" ...and then a second later, "SATAN - YOU WERE RIGHT!"

Comments

• Cthulhu Dark, from Dexcon: The characters, all immigrants to America for whom English is a second language, plan to combat a 'demon tree' in Central Park by using some stolen heavy construction equipment. The plan is temporarily delayed while the Russian expatriate explains the need for a sleeping cow. The confusion is cleared up when he switches to using Polish, a language shared with his German counterpart, and clarifies he is talking about a bulldozer.
  • Archipelago: We figure the best defense is a good offense so we let the pirate cutting-out party take over our little ship and send our three best to go take their ship. It works pretty OK, only 33% casualties and we break their magic, and the God of the Sea comes calling to collect on the debt the pirates have accrued. We still have a dozen mean pirates aboard our ship running things, and when we realize the God of the Sea isn't going to do anything about that we also realize that we are His instruments...
  • The plan is temporarily delayed while the Russian expatriate explains the need for a sleeping cow. The confusion is cleared up when he switches to using Polish, a language shared with his German counterpart, and clarifies he is talking about a bulldozer.
    That's lovely.
  • Last night on Eternal Lies, Martin, a drug addict, was left to do research on his own, and, after doing that research, made a beeline for the nearest source of his favorite drug. The man supplying it sent a note to his companions, as Martin had asked him to assure them that Martin was not dead.

Lillian and Joyce read the note and looked at each other.

Lillian: Whose turn is it?

Joyce: I'll go.

Lillian: No, whose turn is it to keep the other one from killing him?

Sadly, I have no useful record of Joyce's utterly weary speech to Martin (which I might have had to edit for spoilers anyway, so perhaps it's just as well).
  • Last night on Eternal Lies, Vito returned to the group. He's now sporting a hook where his right forearm used to be.

Joyce: I'm sorry -- whenever you talk, I just hear "Hook! Hook! Hook! Hook!"

Lillian: Tick-Tock! Tick-Tock!

Oh, and Martin cold bloodedly murdered a bunch of people with Architecture. Well, that and Ventriloquism.
  • "Undead Beethoven does not return the fist bump."

The ultimate moment of humiliation for our Mesopotamian warlord.