Dream Job...

edited April 2014 in The Sandbox
Just applied for a position with FASA. I realize the odds are long, but seeing as gaming has been the major continuity in my life for 34 years now, well, what the Hell.

Think I'll go drink heavily now, and quietly have a nervous breakdown.

Comments

• Good luck, man.

I've been doing some writing for FASA for the last couple of months. Andrew Ragland is a good guy to work with.
  • Indeed!

Excellent.
  • Nice. Same reason I illustrate. :)
  • edited April 2014
    Think I'll go drink heavily now, and quietly have a nervous breakdown.
    No, save that until after your first week on the job, when you've just slapped your head on your desk and gone What on Earth gave me the crazy idea that working for an RPG company wouldn't be as stressful as working for a corporate giant?

• Just heard back, and -

I'd like to thank the academy...

8-)

WOOOT!
  • Think I'll go drink heavily now, and quietly have a nervous breakdown.
    No, save that until after your first week on the job, when you've just slapped your head on your desk and gone What on Earth gave me the crazy idea that working for an RPG company wouldn't be as stressful as working for a corporate giant?

Hahah, probably true. However, having been mostly unemployed for the last four years, and not having ever had a job I could enjoy, I don't think I'll be complaining much.
  • Fantastic! Congratulations.

Will you keep us up-to-date (within the limits of confidentiality, of course) about how the job goes?
  • Sure sure. I'm sure it'll be super slow at start. Paperwork, getting up to speed, etc. But looking forward to it.
  • However, having been mostly unemployed for the last four years, and not having ever had a job I could enjoy, I don't think I'll be complaining much.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I've been on benefits since Nov '09 - being unemployed majorly sucks.