What's the best way to share my writing?

edited March 2014 in Story Games
So, I'm picking up steam on the ole Writin' and Makin' aspect of this community, and I'm having a total blast. I'd just like to ask quickly what the best way of sharing a design-blog would be and if there's any general wisdom on how to attract interesting opinions?

I guess, content wise, I really want to share my thoughts on art, aesthetics and anthropology in gaming and at the table. Use my degree a bit, yo.

Is there some kind of master directory going on? Feels like everyone here's got a little blog squirreled away somewhere.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Hi Mike.

Good to have you here! You're right, most game designers have a blog and/or a G+ page/community. They often also have publicly accessible files on their games-in-progress on either Dropbox or Google Drive. I'd recommend in addition talking about your ideas, even if its just a mechanic for healing, or a rule about turn order or whatever, on the G+ ReForged community.

There's a forum here called Play Advice; if folks are particularly interested in that sort of thing they'll check in there from time to time- there may even be a way of receiving alerts when people post in it- @James_Stuart? Alternatively yu could do what Asif is doing here.

Look forward to hearing your cool game ideas dude :).
  • Well, I guess I am doing what Asif is doing there, but it seems a little obtrusive if you had, say, more than one subject.

Keeping a play advice "Potemkin" topic I can update and edit would probably work - link to drive files/blog-posts for the interested. No experience with G+, how is it?

My game ideas are sweet. Damn skippy!