Letting Go - playtesters wanted

edited September 2013 in Story Games

Robert Bruce and I have finished the playtest version of Letting Go (the seeds of which were planted at the last Fabricated Realities - hopefully not the *last* Fabricated Realities).

It's a game about a family in South America going through the death of a loved one. One of them, The Bereaved, goes through the 5 stages of grief, her emotions reshaping the world around her in the style of magical realism. The world enables her grief. Influenced by Marquez's 100 Years of Solitude.

If you're interested in playtesting, let us know here or via email (orion.canning at the gmails) and we'll send you a copy. Please send us feedback on how the game went, questions about the rules, and actual plays. Thanks!

Comments

• YES

This sounds very cool.

Just a few quick questions:
    - How many players?
    - How much time?
    - How many pages of rules?
    - Any prep (beyond reading the rules)?

matthijs1000@hotmail.com
  • Letting Go is beautiful and profound. I'm really excited to try out the new version :)
  • YES

This sounds very cool.

Just a few quick questions:
    - How many players?
    - How much time?
    - How many pages of rules?
    - Any prep (beyond reading the rules)?

matthijs1000@hotmail.com

-3 to 5 players, GMless
    - ~4 hours, can continue after
    - 25 pages, a short paragraph per page, read aloud and interspersed with making stuff up
    - prep involves a bit of printing

R
  • You...had me at 100 Years of Solitude.
  • Yes, please.

lxndr@asu.edu
  • I've been involved in the playtesting (grieving?) process, and yeah - I'm really stoked to play this new version, too!
  • Can't seem to access the file. The link takes me to a site that sounds like the name of a Mongol chieftain. Any clues?
  • I have also playtested this game, and I loved it. It was sad and poignant in a real way, like nothing I've played before for. Try it out.