MisubaTwine CompetiFest 20B

edited March 2013 in Directed Promotion
I am holding a Twine game design competition.

Entries are due by midnight PDT on Friday, April 19. Send me some mail and either attach the game or give me a link. Put [Twine] in the subject line of all entry emails.

I will be judging all entries and selecting a winner. Judgment criteria include innovation in use of Twine mechanics, replay value, and expressiveness/awesomeness/tendency to make milk come out of my nose.* Bonus points for incorporating something I'll recognize from story gaming but not being too hammy about it.

There will be a prize, valued at approximately $40 and not very useful. I haven't selected it yet.

I'll be updating this post as needed with further news. Send email or come find me on G+ if you're dying to discuss something.

* I don't drink milk.

Comments

• THIS IS PRECISELY THE MOTIVATION I NEED TO WRITE MY VERY FIRST TWINE

FINALLY I CAN REGARD PORPY AS AN EQUAL AND NOT AS A FANGIRL
  • N00b questions about Twine: i got it's both a scripting language, and a graphic editor, right? Is there any Linux port of the easy-to-use graphic editor?
  • Does it have to be new work Mike?
  • N00b questions about Twine: i got it's both a scripting language, and a graphic editor, right? Is there any Linux port of the easy-to-use graphic editor?
    I thought there wasn't, and only have a vague interest in testing it out anyways, but I looked on Google and whadiyaknow it's

git clone https://github.com/tweecode/twine
    cd twine
    python2 app.py

(Might be python instead of python2 on your system. You also gotta have wx for python installed.)
  • The more interactive fiction that folks make, the more the world shines. I've been super into Ren'Py lately, Inform7 long ago, but I've been checking out Twine lately and it's very impressive!

Go for it!
  • @biggles: well, thank you! That's quite the starting point.
  • 5 hours.

[Um, new work is preferred? Chances are I won't be able to tell tho]
  • Argh, I wish I could have heard about this sooner. D:

I guess that doesn't stop me from playing with it though.
  • Yeah, seriously, please someone else enter this b/c I would be really embarrassed to be the only entry (mine is really bad an unfinished and full of typos.)