I had this idea. Microscope (I havent played it yet, hope I get to it soon) looks like it is made for
huge stories about realms, civilizations, mankind ... and this is all fine.
But I wonder if you could use the exact same rules to play out very small scale stories.
Lets make an example to see what I'm thinking off.Big picture:
After a long day Mr. Miller comes home and shoots his wife dead.
- A very ordinary morning (Start)
- Mr. Miller is at work.
- A suspicious guy asks for him.
- Scene: Did Mr. Miller know this guy?
- Mr. Miller drives home.
- The observation team reports, that they lost his trail.
- The day ends and Mr. Millers wife is dead. (end)
I guess it could be a bit fiddly to choose periods in a way, that you can always fit another period in between. Also you have to keep an eye on not making periods that are more like events - i think. But right now thats the only trouble I can think off.
What do you think? Has anyone tried something like this yet?