This is a spinoff from a few recent threads. Share your high yield prep secrets here.
By high yield I mean any of the following:
- Cannot, or at least is unlikely to, go to waste.
- Has a relatively large effect for a relatively small effort.
- Has a HUGE effect, not matter the effort.
- Is actually done during the previous session, but prepares for some future session.
- Not prep as such, but a technique that makes prep more effective or ensures that it isn't wasted.
Both GM and player prep methods welcome. Both "pre-campaign" and "pre-session" prep welcome. Obvious things everyone probably already knows welcome.