Indie Hurricane gaming schedule--player signups on Feb. 20!

edited February 2012 in Meetups / Conventions
So, we've flung a lot of general enthusiasm around, we've brainstormed some cool game facilitation mojo, and we've come together on a short, snappy docket of awesome panels. All good!

Now it's time to talk about the actual schedule of games. A lot of folks have submitted games, and that's great! A lot of folks, also, have volunteered for Open Story Gaming circle to pitch games in a great big anarchic gameathon. Super-great.

The events will be open for player signups February 20, which is NEXT MONDAY. So while there's still time to submit after that, this makes a nice target date to have our lineup rounded out. So let's look at where we stand!

To reiterate, gaming is divided into three blocks:

Morning 10am-1pm
Afternoon 2pm-6pm
Evening 7pm-12pm

And so far, we've got about 30 events submitted, distributed like so:

Thursday
Evening
Open Story Gaming
Time and Temp

Friday
Morning
Mud Dragon
GxB / BxB
0 Hunters
The Trouble with Rose
PANEL: Fluency Play

Afternoon
Open Story Gaming
Language Hunters
The Dreaming Crucible
Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Mouse Guard (in Children's area)

Dinner hour
SEA DRACULA!

Evening
Open Story Gaming
Tulip Academy
Monsterhearts
Monsterhearts

Saturday
Morning
The Magical Land of Yeld
0 Hunters
How to Host a Megadungeon
Fiasco
Seeker
PSI*RUN
Hot Guys Making Out
Swear Words: a ridiculous feel-good action movie pastiche by Jackson Tegu
Happy Birthday Robot (in Children's area)
PANEL: Face-Melting Design and Play

Afternoon
Open Story Gaming
Anima Prime
Hot Guys Making Out
A Penny for My Thoughts
The Magical Land of Yeld
Motobushido playtest

Evening
Open Story Gaming
Monsterhearts
Microscope
Dungeon World
The Trouble with Rose
Kaleidoscope: making an unwatchable "foreign" film using Microscope.
Shelter in Place (in LARP area)

Sunday
Morning
Zombie Cinema
Jedi x Sith (in Children's area)
PANEL: Religion, Faith and Roleplaying

Afternoon
Open Story Gaming
Fiasco
Monsterhearts
Tulip Academy
Motobushido playtest

A great lineup so far. What I notice is, we've got a lot of scheduled afternoon games, especially Friday, and scant few evening games. If anyone is looking for a hole to fill, I'd ask you to concentrate your fire (that is, fire from your .50 CALIBER HOLE-FILLING GUN) on Saturday night, and maybe raking your full auto over Thursday and Friday night as well. If you've still got action points left, squeezing off a few rounds toward Friday or Sunday morning would be cool. I'll leave it up to your judgment; I don't know how the autofire rules work in your hack.

If anyone on the Friday Afternoon docket feels a strong urge to move to a different timeslot, it wouldn't go amiss, for that matter. It looks like we're butting up against our table limit i that slot.*

We can also use a few more scheduled Open Gaming facilitators. I'd like at least three for each listing, and four wouldn't hurt. Right now we have three on every slot but Friday Afternoon, which has one. (I had Ross there, but moved him down to Fri Evening so he could man the booth in the afternoon.) Any takers?

Beyond that, use this space to talk about games you're interested in running, or which you'd like to see people run! For instance, I'm intensely interested whether anyone will be bringing Psi*Run to the show...?

Peace,
-Joel

*We have four tables in Room Birch, and three tables outside it. There are a couple of seating areas nearby that folks have been known to use as unofficial playspace, and there're overflow tables in another room, but only during certain hours. If it looks like we're going to go over space (and Open Gaming slots can potentially be 3 or more games!), I'm certain I can make it work, but I need to know as soon as possible so I can investigate and plan the overflow.

EDIT: Updated with new games as they come in!

Comments

• I am bringing PSI*RUN, Contenders and Dungeon World. Haven't posted my games yet, obviously.
  • PS and by the way, everyone, the Gamestorm website is a bit tricky, so a tutorial on setting up your GM profile might be in order.

FIRST:

Go to the Gamestorm Main Page, and under the LOGIN section on the upper left, find the little button that says "register" when you mouse over. Click it, andfill out the form to register.

SECOND:

Go to the Gamestorm Schedule Site, and Login if necessary. Click Edit Profile. Fill in all the required fields, including first and last name.

You should now have a GM account, which uses that first and last name, and are able to submit proposals, which I will then approve! Be sure to indicate which slot (Friday Afternoon, Saturday Evening, etc) you want the game in.

The actual scheduling system will not recognize you until you complete that last step, though you may have an account on the mai page.

Hope that troubleshoots everyone in advance!
  • A friendly reminder: player signups go live at 7pm Monday night! The games are filling out nicely, but it'd be great to see a few more games in the Saturday and Sunday evening blocks. We could still use another body on the Friday Afternoon open gaming, too.

I'd also like to know if the Play Techniques workshop is still a going concern. It would go great on Saturday morning following the Face-Melting panel.

Peace,
    -Joel
  • I got my two of my game proposals out. Waiting a bit on Contenders until I get my act together there.

Curious who all will be there on Thursday and Friday day. I have those days off, but may not come by if it looks like nothing much is happening. Would love to get some unscheduled afternoon gaming in those days.
  • Holy kobolds, it didn't take long for my DW game to fill...

SEATTLE: SEND MOAR DUNGEON WORLD!
  • Posted By: nemomeme
    Curious who all will be there on Thursday and Friday day. I have those days off, but may not come by if it looks like nothing much is happening. Would love to get some unscheduled afternoon gaming in those days.
    Ross and I will be there in the open story gaming thing. We'll be hanging with a crew. Rolling deep (you know how we do). So if you decide to show, you won't be lonely, Matt.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm gonna be there Thursday night too, rocking the Open Circle with my bros Ross and Morgs.

Yeah, I can call him Morgs. You can't.

Morgan please don't hurt me for calling you Morgs.
  • Anyone know why I would be having a hard time registering. I never got a confirmation email.
  • Posted By: masqueradeballAnyone know why I would be having a hard time registering. I never got a confirmation email.
    Shoot them an email at signups@gamestorm.org. They got back to me very quickly.
  • Posted By: nemomeme
    I have those days off, and will be there all day.
  • Interesting: there's Do, Maid, and Barbarians of Lemuria in the RPG schedule (that is, not associated w/ Indie Hurricane).
  • I noticed that guy running Maid on last year's schedule too. I wanted to try and approach him and feel him out before inviting him to Indie Hurricane blind, but never had a chance. I sorta feel like, welcoming and inclusion is great, but if I actually invite someone to be part of our merry band, I wanna be sure I don't get a weird vibe or anything.

There are a couple of folks on the schedule this year who I don't know from Adam and have self-selected for Indie Hurricane, and in the absence of any specific red flags in their profile or game descriptions, I figure that's fine.
  • I'm coming with a whole posse from olympia on thursday, we will be ready to throw down.
  • Morgan, Joel, Hans, Ross. Excellent. My wild rumpus begins Thursday afternoon, then. Pretty sure Harry will be there throughout as well.
  • By the by, I'm editing the original post periodically to update what games have been scheduled!
  • LAST CALL!

The deadline for new game submissions is this
    Friday, March 2. So if there';s anything else you'd like to get on the schedule, now's the time.

If you're looking to fill holes, it looks like the lean times are Friday evening, Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon.

This is not a plea for more games; we've got a good schedule and with all those Open Gaming slots I don't wanna jam the schedule up TOO tight. This is just a heads up i case there's something you're dying to add.

Peace,
    -Joel