So I posted all the games I've written over at RPG.Net.

edited November 2011 in Story Games
I'd never gotten around to throwing them all up on the web. Today someone sent me an email about Pagoda (anyone remember the No Press Anthology, way back when?), and that got me nostalgic, so I threw them onto a google docs folder and made it public.

The first few I wrote when I was 14. The most recent I'm still working on.

Linky is here.

Comments

• Also: Jonathan Walton, I owe you twenty bucks.
  • Posted By: Jeph(anyone remember the No Press Anthology, way back when?)
    I remember it! I never saw it in print, but I have a fat 3-ring binder with the whole PDF printed out.
  • I've said it before: I really like Pagoda. If you wrote that when you were 14, so much the better. Good stuff.
  • Dude, I have NPA. It's still rad.

This is great. Carry on!
  • Do you? We should just go drinking sometime and talk about games, now that you're not 14.
  • Way to go, dude. You are indie old skool. I knew him when he still had to get his Mom's car home by ten, folks.
  • Posted By: Jason MorningstarWay to go, dude. You are indie old skool. I knew him when he still had to get his Mom's car home by ten, folks.
    ...because she was driving!
  • Just finished reading (Never) Astrogate, fun stuff!
    --
    TAZ
  • Heh, I think when I met Jason I still had a learner's permit, which was only good through ten o'clock. I think it was a micro-con at Andy's. I played Breaking the Ice with Ben Lehmen, and Jason ran a game called Open Boat. It involved cannibalism. When our characters consumed human flesh, we ate beef jerky. I probably still have a printout of the rules kicking around somewhere.

Jon: I do! And we should! I'm in the bay area these days.

Zircher: I never got to run (n)A!, but it's an idea I'm still enchanted with. It's got parts of Diane Duane's young adult novel series So You Want to Be a Wizard (especially the later ones), parts of Reservoire Chronicle, parts of that 90s sci fi TV show Sliders. I hadn't read it at the time, but Imajica really captures the feel I was going for.

(never) Astrogate! is a game about wizards. I find I keep writing three games over and over. Exemplar, a game about wizards, and D&D but better, to run that awesome years-long D&D game you ran in high school but I never did because I was reading Sorcerer and writing Exemplar and playing The Shab Al-Hiri Roach, you villains.
  • I always had a soft spot for Legends of Middle Earth -you gave me permission to use the rules for my own "Legends of The Land" (Thomas Covenant) conversion. I must put that up somewhere...
    I'll check the others out now (Exemplar, I always wanted to run but never got around to it)
  • Posted By: JephI'd never gotten around to throwing them all up on the web. Today someone sent me an email about Pagoda (anyone remember the No Press Anthology, way back when?), and that got me nostalgic, so I threw them onto a google docs folder and made it public.

The first few I wrote when I was 14. The most recent I'm still working on.

Linky ishere.
    I just downloaded Legends of Middle-earth a couple days ago by following a link from Chris Chinn's blog. I had no idea you had written so many. Awesome :)
  • Huh, I didn't know that LoME had a link sitting on the side column of every page on Chris's blog. :)

I found two more games! A bit more on the half-baked side.

Interface - January 2005

Under the Sky - January 2006
  • I think I really liked Pagoda and I think I've got a printed copy of Exemplar somewhere. I sometimes thought of you, and yeah, I knew you were younger :)
    Ah, "history"!

Very cool stuff.