Special, Fancy Dice for Otherkind Dice

edited August 2011 in Story Games
You guys know about Otherkind Dice, right? Of course you do, it's Story Games.

I saw these dice at GenCon, and immediately wanted to use them for that resolution system:

You roll. You place. Others interpret.

I don't know how well it'd work, but I think it's an idea worth fucking with. Someone I know uses these for play-by-post GMing, where she'll just roll that die and interpret it when she needs a result.

- Ryan

Comments

• I got nothin, but now I just want to make a game called Epic Animals.
  • Posted By: Ryan MacklinI saw these dice at GenCon, and immediately wanted to use them for that resolution system:
    I think this may be a broken image link. I think it's supposed to be something like this?:
    Posted By: misubaI got nothin, but now I just want to make a game called Epic Animals.
    ...though, I am 100% in agreement with this idea.
  • Yes. The image worked (and still does) for me. Your image has different faces.
    http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?fpid=Acc-CHXXQ0023

The faces are:
    * Frown
    * Smile
    * Evil Smile
    * Wink
    * Angry
    * Meh

- Ryan
  • Ahhhh the classic Happy Fun Die!

We used to play a LARP with it:
    1) roll the die.
    2) roleplay the emotion you roll until your next turn.
    3) play passes to the left.
    4) you MAY NOT END THE GAME until EVERYONE IS MAXIMALLY HAPPY.
    5) DRINK.
  • Posted By: misuba3) play passes to the left.
    DAMNIT I thought I was being innovative with Hit a Dude.

- Ryan
  • We have stacks of those dice after a friend had them as wedding favours. We've never known quite what to do with them so happy to take any suggestions.
  • When your character interacts socially, roll three Emoticon Dice:
    You pick one result as your character's feelings after the interaction, and the GM picks one that determines what the other person's feelings are...and then role-play how it ended up like that (so, you're happy and their pissed...did you just insult them and they couldn't think of a good comeback?)

If you roll any doubles, that automatically becomes the result (you roll double mehs...you both discussed the weather...)

If you roll triples, that automatically becomes the result, and some event occurs because of it (you roll triple angries...both of you are so pissed off, do you end up starting a gang war, defame each other on FaceSpace, or something else?)