Comments

• That's really great. Thank you for playing my playset. (The playset has been fun when I've played it as well.)

I really like Dr. Crusher the washed up supervillain working as a mattress salesman. And the fact that two PCs in a superhero themed playset were basically regular people doing regular things.
  • That's so nice. I love how you made such grandstanding puff-chested heroics so very, very prosaic. You can taste the melancholy.
  • Jackson's character Bill had every scene end bad for him. In every one of his scenes he tried to stand up to someone, his kid, Dr Crusher, or Captain Amazing, and got shut down or forced to give up his position. Yet he seemed like a truly heroic character in a very realistic way, someone who kept trying to do the best he could despite being utterly unable to get anyone to listen to him. In fact he was the only heroic character in the story. His big happy ending was running a plumbing company and getting re-married, despite losing his son. It's wonderful having a protagonist like that to ground the story among all the overly ambitious madmen.
  • Thanks for writing the playset Nick, it was a lot of fun! I felt like the tone was just right and I had a blast playing Dr Crusher. I forgot to mention all the Star Trek TNG references people made about my character...
  • Posted By: Orion CanningIt's wonderful having a protagonist like that to ground the story among all the overly ambitious madmen.
    The collision of fantastic elements with very mundane aspects of real life is always fruitful for comedy and drama both. It's why I like the incompetent superhero genre so much.
  • You thought this thread was dead, but then I showed up and fixed the broken link to my blog. Think again!
  • Yes!!!
  • Happy to see this again.