[Group Activity] Tiny Undead British Rockstars!

edited March 2011 in Make Stuff!
A dear friend of mine said today that she could be described as a "tiny undead british rockstar." My immediate response:
If we were to stat you like an RPG, which would be your best skill:
Tiny, Undead, British, or Rockstar?
Here's what I want us to do.

Me: I'm going to write down my initial thoughts.
You: You're going to fill in whatever blanks you see with your own ideas.
The winner gets everyone else's quickening. Except since this is a group activity, we're all winners. Resolve that amongst yourselves.

The Base of the Game
[You can't change these elements. Work with what's given. This is an exercise in building. The bits in parentheses are fair game.]

You're a Tiny Undead British Rockstar! And you do Tiny Undead British Rockstar things! This is a game about that!

When you make your character, you have four skills:
  • Tiny -- the better you are at Tiny, you're more likely to do well when being small is awesome, like getting into tight places or looking all innocent before you rip the head off of your victim
  • Undead -- the better you are at Undead, you can do things that that the undead can do, like survive being shot in the face or turn invisible or whatever the fuck the undead do
  • British -- the better you are at British, (man, how about someone British fill this one one. I've looked like a cockbite enough for one week.)
  • Rockstar -- the better you are at Rockstar, the more incredible things you can pull off because people want to please you and cut you slack for being an insane, eccentric fuck
Making your character:
  • Write down your Stage Name
  • Tell us what kind of Undead you are
  • Pick your best skill. That gets a d12.
  • Pick your worst skill. That gets a d4.
  • (Bit about other two skills intentionally left blank for y'all to fill in)
  • (You can add more here)
Playing the game:
(Fuck if I know. That's on y'all)

I'M DONE! I would love to see what y'all make. Hopefully posting this late on a Saturday night (Pacific time) doesn't bone the post. :D

- Ryan

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Oh, and you don't have to add a huge thing or finish it or whatevs. Even posting a single "This piece is cool to add" is awesome. and someone can build off of that!

- Ryan
  • [ulist]
    [*]British -- the better you are at British, the more you understand and can use irony & sarcasm, deal with situations politely and bottle up your real emotions behind a smokescreen of apparent civility.
    [/ulist]

Frex:

Jarvis Cock-Up
    Tiny: d12, He's so ickle!
    Undead: d4, Doesn't know he's a ghost
    British: d8, Deadpan humour
    Rockstar: d8, Popular with the Common People...
  • Making your character cont.
    See that disinterested player across the table, they are your Target Demographic (TD). Your Target Demographic doesn't love you now, but they will... they must. Work with that player to define your target demographic. Are they young pop bubblegum princess addled youth? middle-aged housewives? Pick any group that would currently have no idea who your rocker is and no interest in ever learning.
  • It seems cledar to me that "British" covers bottling up your emotions and politeness, while rockstar covers the opposite: being over the top, loud, outrageous and ignoring everyone else's opinions. The two stats are kind of opposed to each other.

Possibly, having one high makes the other low. Maybe even a Trollbabe thing, where you roll a d12 and try to get over for one or under for the other. Not sure if that can square with the initial character creation rules, though.
  • Posted By: Mr. TeapotPossibly, having one high makes the other low. Maybe even a Trollbabe thing, where you roll a d12 and try to get over for one or under for the other. Not sure if that can square with the initial character creation rules, though.
    Be concrete! Build on, don't just speculate! :)

- Ryan
  • edited March 2011
    [More rules for the activity itself!]

[When you start a post, say at the top who you're building off of. You have to build off of my initial post, but everyone else is optional.]

[The more replies you're building off of, these awesome awesome you are ! (And more likely to get that sweet, sweet quickening!)]

- Ryan
  • This is totally a Cortex Plus hack, you insane genius.
  • edited March 2011
    Posted By: Mr. TeapotIt seems cledar to me that "British" covers bottling up your emotions and politeness, while rockstar covers the opposite: being over the top, loud, outrageous and ignoring everyone else's opinions. The two stats are kind of opposed to each other.

Possibly, having one high makes the other low. Maybe even a Trollbabe thing, where you roll a d12 and try to get over for one or under for the other. Not sure if that can square with the initial character creation rules, though.
    British is the under to Rockstar's over, and likewise Tiny is the under to Undead's Over. You can now assign any dice size you want.

Oh wait, building... um... You can assign one d12 and one d4, and you actually roll them for the over/under. A "Bad" roll just means playing a different chracter archetype than you were aiming for, which ain't so bad. Done!